Am i getting fairly compensated?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by HonestPerson View Post
    Regarding client stealing, never thought of it that way. I am the only one making contact with the merchant and the merchant has little to no connection to the company itself. The relationship is strictly with the merchant and agent.

I can definitely see how it would be considered stealing clients if I were to start independent since the company provided the leads. That would be something to weigh against saving my clients alot of money.

It's great to be independent, but unless you're "funding" these clients yourself - aka - putting up your own money for their advances... you will have an extremely difficult time dealing with alot of these lenders with their so-called "great reputations".

Alot of deal-stealing is still going on, little or no responses after you've submitted deals and funding behind your back with no weight/muscle in your corner to fight for your commissions.

Alot of broker shops are either ran by or already have the reputation and relationships with these lenders and work solely with their guy on the inside.

Coming in as a "nobody" from the outside is not as incredible as it appears.

(speaking from personal experience)

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by TRUMPcard View Post
    It's great to be independent, but unless you're "funding" these clients yourself - aka - putting up your own money for their advances... you will have an extremely difficult time dealing with alot of these lenders with their so-called "great reputations".

Alot of deal-stealing is still going on, little or no responses after you've submitted deals and funding behind your back with no weight/muscle in your corner to fight for your commissions.

Alot of broker shops are either ran by or already have the reputation and relationships with these lenders and work solely with their guy on the inside.

Coming in as a "nobody" from the outside is not as incredible as it appears.

(speaking from personal experience)
    Self-discipline may be one of the biggest hurdles when going out on your own. Not having a boss has it's perks, but you better have a plan, metrics, and a schedule you stick to just like a normal sales job. Seems cliche but hold yourself accountable, it will pay off.