Dated Leads
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

Dated Leads

Looking for a lead generator that sells dated web based data forms. I am looking for data forms that are 30-90 days old. Something like an Ibank or a Lendio lead. Looking to purchase in bulk.

Thanks
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OakwoodFSG View Post
    Looking for a lead generator that sells dated web based data forms. I am looking for data forms that are 30-90 days old. Something like an Ibank or a Lendio lead. Looking to purchase in bulk.

Thanks
    How has your experience with purchasing leads from lendio or Ibank been so far?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    How has your experience with purchasing leads from lendio or Ibank been so far?

They're both not good. Lendio basically sells what they can't broker or fund or syndicate on themselves. iBank is not great at all.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_Weitz View Post
    They're both not good. Lendio basically sells what they can't broker or fund or syndicate on themselves. iBank is not great at all.
    The search continues...

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by OakwoodFSG View Post

Thanks
    Sources like the ones you listed are going to be where you would purchase those types of "leads". When you buy external "leads" (which I don't really believe are leads) then you pretty much are taking a gamble with whatever you are purchasing.

The best model is to produce leads internally, as I have stated before (as well as others), if the Lead Company is producing anything of quality in terms of "leads", then why are they selling it to you? So here's a lead that is looking for $100,000 with 650 credit, good banks, no liens, no MCA balances, time in business 4 years, $2 million in sales, and who is in the Retail Industry.

That deal could be approved for $100,000 - $120,000 on average at premium pricing, with let's say 3 points upfront on the deal. That's $3,000 - $3,600. Why would I sell that lead to you for $5, or $10, or $30? Does that make any sense?

The vast majority of the time you aren't buying quality "leads" from these companies, if they were producing anything of quality they would be closing the leads themselves and making significantly more revenue.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

For the most part your right John, but not completely, because even leads generated internally are not as clean as you mention them. Out of a batch of 20 leads, you'll see about 2 - 5 leads at the 100k mthly mark, with a 7k and a 6k thrown in as well, averaging out to about 30 - 40k in mthly sales.

Out of those (possible) 5 100k deals, 1 may have an unpaid tax lien with no plan, 1 may be an environmental irrigation company with 2 transactions a month, 1 will operate his account in the negative most of the month while he waits for his net 30 and net 60 receivables to produce, 1 will have 5 advance positions, and 1 may have great numbers, but then he feels he deserves an sba loan because he has above 700 credit, but doesn't want to go through bank process, but wants bank rates. How much are those 100K leads worth if none of them close?

I know 3 very good lead companies that have become isos, and I know lead companies where the owners couldn't care less about bringing on the extra headache of managing an iso. I know an owner who'd rather make a little less, have a quasi-automated process that requires minimal management, sell leads in volume, and spend his time traveling to a new beach in a different country every month.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Sources like the ones you listed are going to be where you would purchase those types of "leads". When you buy external "leads" (which I don't really believe are leads) then you pretty much are taking a gamble with whatever you are purchasing.

The best model is to produce leads internally, as I have stated before (as well as others), if the Lead Company is producing anything of quality in terms of "leads", then why are they selling it to you? So here's a lead that is looking for $100,000 with 650 credit, good banks, no liens, no MCA balances, time in business 4 years, $2 million in sales, and who is in the Retail Industry.

That deal could be approved for $100,000 - $120,000 on average at premium pricing, with let's say 3 points upfront on the deal. That's $3,000 - $3,600. Why would I sell that lead to you for $5, or $10, or $30? Does that make any sense?

The vast majority of the time you aren't buying quality "leads" from these companies, if they were producing anything of quality they would be closing the leads themselves and making significantly more revenue.

Actually don't think you could be more wrong John.

Mature lending industries end up having marketing dominated by 2 things: large lead generators or aggregators and established brands.

Consumers will seek out brands, hence the big players trying that route. Aggregators will price out individual players who cannot monetize via a broad enough spectrum.

Hi I'm 1st Bank of Troy Michigan won't work in 12 months with your vaunted direct marketing approach. Wake up man and start testing some lead providers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by BBB1111 View Post
    Actually don't think you could be more wrong John.

Mature lending industries end up having marketing dominated by 2 things: large lead generators or aggregators and established brands.

Consumers will seek out brands, hence the big players trying that route. Aggregators will price out individual players who cannot monetize via a broad enough spectrum.

Hi I'm 1st Bank of Troy Michigan won't work in 12 months with your vaunted direct marketing approach. Wake up man and start testing some lead providers.
    The small ticket equipment leasing space is mature and there are little to no recognized brands within it, at least from a small business owner standpoint. How about the auto financing industry? I can't name 5 lenders on the fly and I buy a new car every 2 years. I just look for the best deal when financing a vehicle, couldn't care less about what the name at the top of the contract is.

So not sure your theory holds water there...

100% correct but those are examples where the product has a preferred financing provider. True I don't go to buy a Toyota and demand a Wells Fargo loan necessarily, but that's not really a good proxy for the "buying" experience in this industry.

jotucker1983
    Franklin and BBB,

My issue with lead generators have included all of the following:

- The "leads" aren't exclusive, I'm the 7th - 10th guy that bought the lead if we are talking "new leads" that are fresh from no less than 1 - 5 days ago. If we are talking leads that are over a week old, I'm more than likely the 15th guy the lead has been sold to.

- Most of the information about the "lead" isn't accurate

- A lot of times the "leads" are just people who randomly filled out online forms without anyone doing any serious telephone verification

- The "leads" (for what they produce in terms of very low turn-over) are very expensive

Yes, every lead that one produces in-house doesn't close, but I believe the question at hand is what is the most efficient way to produce an actual qualified/quality lead?

I would love to have a "Lead Generation Company" send me 50 - 100 leads a month that are fairly exclusive (no more than 2 - 3 guys have been sold the lead), fit my criteria in total, properly priced, and are ready to go. I wouldn't need to do any marketing, I would just work those leads all month with a pretty high conversion rating.

But then again, I would also have loved to been Prom King back in High School, and that didn't happen either lol.

We have aged opt in web leads and aged calls
    give is a call NMS Leads
    Also have Live Transfer calls and PPC/Facebook/LinkedIn Leads
    Nationwide 800-996-7288

I hear ya with leads being sold several time
    What buyers don't understand comes down to the pricing
    if one buy a premium lead or call, have to pay premium dollars
    if you want aged cheap leads, they get sold several time
    get what you pay for

Bottom line doesn't matter what the sales floor model, comes down to CPA
    What get's me, a buy spend $200.00 for aged leads and expect to kill it
    Then give lead companies a bad name because they didn't do well
    The successful floors get it. need to get a good flow and run for 3-4 weeks to see that their true CPA comes in at
    Can't micro manage ever lead otherwise you'll spend all their time getting upset then booking deals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

I have been in the industry for some time, 8-9 years. Used a number of different leads sources. Meridian, lT and Blind Bid. You get what you pay for. They send you crap, with the occasional diamond in the rough. The ROI works out over time because of renewals. But you have to stay on top of them.

I am currently using a SEO company, leads are obviously exclusive but they are bottom of the barrell. Fraudulent Statements, stacked deals, new businesses. I am pretty impressed with the response, quality is just ****. Seems that the ones i am getting, are people who have tried every other avenue in the bank and MCA community, then go do a search and find me. Just some info from years in business.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8592

If you reread my post, I am not looking to buy a "lead", I was looking for "data". There is a big difference between a lead and web based data. To clarify, I was looking for people who go on the internet, fill out a form(use On Deck as an example), and that data is sent via email. Those forms are sold at a premium and for most companies, the average price is $50. I want those forms that have been sold once. 30-90 days after they were sold at a fraction of the cost.

I have already found that source since this post.

Thanks
    Second place? Set of steak knives.

@Credibly. I get what you are thinking here and am looking into the same type of leads. I am a big beliver in paying people who are a 10 at what they do so that I can focus on being a 10 in what I do. Care to share the pro's and con's of different companies that you researched? I bet that you found some valuable info for the community.

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Love the cannibalism of MCA Data/Leads. Same business owners going around and around getting called. Same types of mostly unqualified form fillers online.

Trouble is, most MCA/Loan shops wouldn't know how to treat a good lead stream if it fell in their lap. I believe that there are phenomenal solutions out there, but no one in their right mind is going to broadcast them widely.

And Credibly seems to have developed technological advantages up their sleeve to take advantage. Kudos and a gallery clap for that!

Senior Member Reputation points: 10227

Quote Originally Posted by Credibly1 View Post

Thanks
    Check out edirex.com. Here at Centrex Software we send tons of clients to both eDirex and iBank. if iBank (GrowFound now) is not working for you maybe eDirex can help out. I also know that iBank (GrowFound) does sell bulk data for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMonroe View Post
    I hear ya with leads being sold several time
    What buyers don't understand comes down to the pricing
    if one buy a premium lead or call, have to pay premium dollars
    if you want aged cheap leads, they get sold several time
    get what you pay for

Bottom line doesn't matter what the sales floor model, comes down to CPA
    What get's me, a buy spend $200.00 for aged leads and expect to kill it
    Then give lead companies a bad name because they didn't do well
    The successful floors get it. need to get a good flow and run for 3-4 weeks to see that their true CPA comes in at
    Can't micro manage ever lead otherwise you'll spend all their time getting upset then booking deals.

Could not agree more. I've been working with a lead company, eDirex Media, for 4 years. We specialize in lead generation and inbound marketing for the business loan industry. I talk to people everyday that think they can come in with a $100 budget, buy several dozen aged leads, and close multiple deals out of it. They may get lucky with their first small batch, but you are correct in that it takes a decent sample size and a few weeks/months of nurturing the leads to start seeing true ROI. A lot of the people I talk to on a daily basis looking for data don't have any sales processes/procedures in place whatsoever. The companies in my lead system with solid sales processes, automated follow ups, strong online presence, and a consistent monthly budget seem to do well and stick with us for years.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Last edited by ridextreme; 05-15-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84417

Quote Originally Posted by aredmond View Post

Thanks
    The best investment is for your company to generate your own exclusive leads via organic SEO , Unlimited sub-domains to be used for splash pages, self-promotion.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111