Experience with Live Call Transfers?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Anyone care to share any experience they had with Live Call Transfers? I've been approached a few times about it but skeptical about pulling the trigger on them. Any feedback would be welcome, whether you know of any companies you dealt with that took your money, promised the world, and delivered nothing, or actually pleasantly surprised you.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I've dealt with many. Most have disappointed me and the few that pleasantly surprised me were seduced into signing exclusive agreements with funders with far deeper pockets than mine.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

I'm not naming names, but I have had 2 negative experiences. One was a "live transfer" company running a press 1 campaign and transferring complete garbage to my reps for $50 a pop. The other was someone who claimed to have "US based call centers" that were making cold calls and pre-qualifying merchants. What we got was a guy forwarding calls from an Indian call center out of his apartment. Most of the transfers were people who had no idea what we were selling.

No lead source is perfect, and it takes volume to see results. Buying $500 worth of leads and expecting to make a good ROI isn't realistic. Marketing is tough right now. Even ODC has had a rough go at it due to increased competition in the marketplace, and their pockets are deep.

It's hard to say, but I think a lot of the little ISO's are going to exit this year. And even more in 2016. All signs point to the market being over-saturated, and there is only so much pie to go around. If you know what you are doing, you can set up your tent in your own little corner and make a living, but the guys hopping in with 5K, 6 months indistry experience, and a plan to "buy" leads, are going to get crushed.

What is a reasonable amount of money to spend on a test for live transfers?

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

I wouldn't spend a penny on testing any live transfers.

Why Why Why!!!!! I would not pay a penny for a lead. I cold call all my deals face to face or via telephone when I don't feel like being out in the field. We are a small shop but close 20 deals a month with 2 people. I think this industry needs quality sales people.

Ive never purchased live transfers for the mca space however when debt settlement was big I waisted thousands on garbage 3rd party generated leads. Never did find
    a desent company. I've found the most success generating my own leads be that mail, cold calling,or email.

We do plenty of lead gen on our own but I am really trying to scale and need to provide leads. I've ran telemarketing rooms in the past and generated my own leads but am not sure if I want to go down that route again.

Our company tried a couple times and it is a hit or miss. If you do decide, beware of a Stuart Abramson. This merchant will purposely put his name on call lists then file a civil suit. He currently has, at least, a dozen suits out.

Thanks for the feedback. I experimented with another company that had an interesting concept. They had a call center that was calling business owners and offering SEO and PPC services, if the merchant opted in for it, they would then ask if the business was in need of any working capital, if the business owner said yes then they would sell that lead to us. My thoughts were that this was an interesting approach being that the company was successful getting the merchant on the phone, they agreed to pay for another product, albeit not a cash advance, and they said they had a need for working capital. The kicker: When we started calling these leads back, many of the merchants were start ups or in business for less than 3 months. The other kicker was that many of the merchants said that they originally spoke to someone in the Philippines and had no idea what the caller was telling them, and they thought they were signing up for a "free SEO/PPC" service. I called our rep and told him that his "leads" were garbage. He claimed that a credit card processing company was buying the same leads and absolutely killing it. So if anyone on here is in the CC processing space, who knows, it may not be a bad idea for you. For MCA's/Loans, it was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I experimented with another company that had an interesting concept. They had a call center that was calling business owners and offering SEO and PPC services, if the merchant opted in for it, they would then ask if the business was in need of any working capital, if the business owner said yes then they would sell that lead to us. My thoughts were that this was an interesting approach being that the company was successful getting the merchant on the phone, they agreed to pay for another product, albeit not a cash advance, and they said they had a need for working capital. The kicker: When we started calling these leads back, many of the merchants were start ups or in business for less than 3 months. The other kicker was that many of the merchants said that they originally spoke to someone in the Philippines and had no idea what the caller was telling them, and they thought they were signing up for a "free SEO/PPC" service. I called our rep and told him that his "leads" were garbage. He claimed that a credit card processing company was buying the same leads and absolutely killing it. So if anyone on here is in the CC processing space, who knows, it may not be a bad idea for you. For MCA's/Loans, it was a disaster.
    Was his name Chad?

Quote Originally Posted by len@accfunding.com View Post
    Was his name Chad?
    No, he is not really affiliated with this industry. We used him for consumer data some years back and were always happy so figured we give him a shot on this. Not going to out him because I think he actually believed in what he was selling. Just sharing the experience.

Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

Has anyone used TopLeads who posts on here frequently, or LEAD TRANSFER SYSTEM (www.leadtransfersystem.com)? If so do you have any feedback?

Member Reputation points: 172 SCP's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up on your experiences on 3rd party transfers. Have been entertaining for a while but had been hesitant to pull the trigger as well. From what I've seen, dealing with lead providers is a racket. Lots of try, fail, adjust and lowered expectations. But some tried 'n true elbow grease and salesmanship can take you a long way
    RYAN RIDGWAY Managing Partner, Strategic Capital
    Office: 800.440.6448 | Direct: 816.298.0966 | Fax: 816.298.0857
    10551 Barkley St. Suite 403 Overland Park, KS 66212
    rridgway@capitalwithstrategy.com | www.capitalwithstrategy.com