ODC stock tanking this morning
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 13596 isaacdstern's Avatar

ODC stock tanking this morning

No shocker here guys, the stock loses 70 percent of its high and lawyers start attacking. Some of the things they are highlighting are serious issues like the default rate and value of the portfolio

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdstern View Post
    No shocker here guys, the stock loses 70 percent of its high and lawyers start attacking. Some of the things they are highlighting are serious issues like the default rate and value of the portfolio
    Still think MCC and CAN are going to run out and go public?

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Still think MCC and CAN are going to run out and go public?
    The thing is with CAN is that they don't need to go public. They've been in biz for close to 17 years. They don't need the money. I'm sure they could find some good things to do with it but they're a mature company, not a tech startup rushing to the next financing round hoping to keep their marketing humming and valuation increasing. If I was CAN, I would use money from an IPO for acquisitions, but also I would consider passing on an IPO altogether, if for no other reason than to prevent the headache of shareholders, stock analysts, and everybody else scrutinizing what the CEO ate for breakfast.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    The thing is with CAN is that they don't need to go public. They've been in biz for close to 17 years. They don't need the money. I'm sure they could find some good things to do with it but they're a mature company, not a tech startup rushing to the next financing round hoping to keep their marketing humming and valuation increasing. If I was CAN, I would use money from an IPO for acquisitions, but also I would consider passing on an IPO altogether, if for no other reason than to prevent the headache of shareholders, stock analysts, and everybody else scrutinizing what the CEO ate for breakfast.
    You say "scrutinizing what a CEO had for breakfast", I say EXPOSING FRAUDSTERS & LIARS