Getting the docs submitted best practices
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    But that would require actually understanding and knowing what you are selling!!!
    Lol, you are correct!

I don't know, maybe I'm different guys, but I swear I hate the "passe" sales techniques of just listen to Zig Ziglar sales tapes, make sure you breathe in/out, make sure you break the ice, make sure you overcome those objections, make 700 calls a day, do some role play on the canned sales scripts, etc.

It's just passe mumbo jumbo, "sales training" that came out of the 1970's by Sales Managers who honestly didn't have a clue why their Top Sales Performers were actually performing so well. And most Sales Managers today STILL don't understand why their Top Performers perform so well, so they just repeat these tired passe mantras over and over.

Here's my take on this, if you are in Professional Sales, you have to approach this as a Business Proposition. So answer this question, why would a merchant sign up for a very expensive form of financing (a merchant cash advance)? Why would he do it?

It's surely not because you are charismatic and overcame his objections, it's surely not because you have such a "great speaking voice," it's because the guy is in a current situation where he needs external business capital in the form of debt financing.

That situation is driving the interaction, if you take that situation OFF the table, the entire altercation is over, doesn't matter how charismatic you are or how well you speak, his situation of needing business capital is why he's talking to you.

So let's say other options to get the capital aren't available for whatever reason and depending upon what he needs the capital for, it could still be of significance to where he can "afford" to pay a 1.12 - 1.20 over 7 months, or a 1.25 - 1.30 over 12 months.

So you present your offer to him, explain the program, the benefits, do some return on investment calculations, and shoot him over your application package. You get the package back and take it to the Funders in your Network that can fund him. Your Funder approves him, he accepts the terms, he's funded, you are paid, it's over.

You didn't "win the sale" because you overcame an objection, breathed a certain way, broke the ice, or any other "passe" sales training technique. The guy had a problem, you solved it, period. That's what I call doing Business.

Instead of training new guys on "passe" sales training techniques, instead train guys to:

- Do efficient secondary market research

- Do efficient primary market research

- Know all about their product, their lender and their platforms (up, down, all around)

- Know how to customize their product's pricing, service, structure, etc.

- Come up with different creative and integrated products based on market research

But again, these are just my opinions lol.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 07-31-2015 at 09:26 AM.