Any recommendations for in person MCA appt setting companies?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 23750

Looking for any firms that set appointments for face to face appts with merchants? Thanks

We are in the process of testing this now.

We have a select few of agents that if they feel that by meeting the Merchant face to face will close the deal we will Glady pay all expensives for that.

We have reps that will be starting face to face contact late this year
    Last edited by NBDC_Leads; 07-30-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBDC_Leads View Post
    We have reps that will be starting face to face contact late this year, they wear uniforms and have actual badges and are called compliance officers (heck Orkin bug guys have uniforms)

They meet the merchants to give them some free stuff they need for their business, get a lot of info from them and then get them on the phone with our inside reps, who then transfer to proper referral partner

We even have our stickers that go on the windows by the Visa and MasterCard Logos

Lot more to it, but how does anyone come behind a uniformed officer, not very easy as we saw in our pilot program, our Compliance Officers win every time

I even have a mannequin of "Compliance Officer Rob" in our receptionist area, in full uniform (scares people), we even had mini badges that pin on your clothes because so many asked for them

A whole new approach to earning a merchants trust, and a home run
    I really don't think wearing a badge and being referred to as a compliance officer is the correct way to approach a merchant on the streets. Looks more like an investigator from the health dept. or the IRS which would alarm them more than anything else.

When mca was new, the people who walked from business to business (wearing regular clothes and handing out a business card) were the most successful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

I'm sending my reps around in uniform too! In fact, they can wear the same uniform they wore at Hooters. We just put a Dymo label saying 'compliance' over their name. Then, once they've got the merchant's interest, we bust out our incentive program!

Honestly, there was a time when getting your foot in the door worked, but unless you've got some real 'juice', I don't see a door-to-door campaign doing well against the combined digital armament of your competitors.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    I'm sending my reps around in uniform too! In fact, they can wear the same uniform they wore at Hooters. We just put a Dymo label saying 'compliance' over their name. Then, once they've got the merchant's interest, we bust out our incentive program!

Honestly, there was a time when getting your foot in the door worked, but unless you've got some real 'juice', I don't see a door-to-door campaign doing well against the combined digital armament of your competitors.
    "Hi, I'm here in person to take up 20 minutes of your day pitching you a product you've heard about every hour on the hour for the past 2 years."

"Get the **** out of my store."

We have reps that will be starting face to face contact late this year, they wear uniforms and have actual badges and are called compliance officers (heck Orkin bug guys have uniforms)

They meet the merchants to give them some free stuff they need for their business, get a lot of info from them and then get them on the phone with our inside reps, who then transfer to proper referral partner

We even have our stickers that go on the windows by the Visa and MasterCard Logos

Lot more to it, but how does anyone come behind a uniformed officer, not very easy as we saw in our pilot program, our Compliance Officers win every time

I even have a mannequin of "Compliance Officer Rob" in our receptionist area, in full uniform (scares people), we even had mini badges that pin on your clothes because so many asked for them

Come on, you're not serious are you? ROFLMAO over here.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

Here at Happy Ending Funding, you'll want to attend your closing personally!

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I don't see the value of a feet on the street campaign for cash advances unless it's an add-on to another product (i.e., credit card processing). If a rep had to go door to door to sell cash advances in order to put food on his table, he'd probably starve. They just can't physically make enough appointments a day to generate any decent pipeline. Even a cold caller making 200 calls a day will be lucky to send out a handful of apps. How many apps do you think a guy visiting 20 locations a day can generate? It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack day in and day out. Soul crushing work IMHO.

A cash advance is generally used by a merchant in need. We are in the business of selling expensive money and this isn't a product that you can just come off the street and convince a business owner to take. In order to be successful in this business, you have to cast the widest net possible in order to find the small number of merchants who are in need of our type of capital. Feet on the street gives you the lowest number of customer exposures out of any other marketing campaign so it's obviously the least effective.

The only way I'd use feet on the street is to follow up on warm or hot leads that failed to convert. A visit from a local rep could be the factor that gets the deal across the finish line.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 07-27-2015 at 06:04 PM.

As usual the frustrated idiots had to chime in with useless responses,
    Last edited by NBDC_Leads; 07-30-2015 at 10:48 AM.

As usual the frustrated idiots had to chime in with useless responses, and yes we do not have the Compliance Officers picth Cash Advances, that would be stupid, it is more for electric, CC processing, Payroll Services and other services they use everyday.

But I can see the little children here will continue to be dicks, so I will agree, I am lying about everything, all our marketing efforts are stupid and we are nothing but Monkeys and Losers

Is that better...

You should just think positive thoughts, but funny thing is, no one cares about your negative attitudes sounds like you have a miserable life
    Dude, relax. You're funny. Don't lose it just because everyone doesn't think you're a marketing genius.

The industry is cutthroat and full of people who value short-term greed over honesty at every step of the chain.

You have merchants smokescreening, lying on the phone, or submitting fraudulent docs about their business standing. Sales managers misleading about how easy it is to "make six figures" and then being too lazy to train reps properly. Those same reps making unrealistic promises to claiming to direct lenders or saying anything to get submissions. Lead sellers who claim exclusivity as they cherry pick their best leads and sell the rest to 100 other guys. Funders who look for technicalities to steal commissions or decline a deal to sell it on their own later. Brokers claiming to be direct funders with a free email address to steal business from wide-eyed first timers with good intentions.

So when a guy comes in and promises something that is above the norm, of course it will get treated with skepticism because anyone with experience in this industry has seen or heard of dishonesty in all its forms. If your service provides a lot of value, it doesn't need to be oversold and can speak for itself. It helps to have credible sources vouch for you as well.

I for one appreciate that you are willing to detail your ideas. But it takes a lot more than simply one's word to have believable value in this industry, especially on a public forum.

We were just trying to share,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NBDC_Leads; 07-30-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Lead generation through impersonation and intimidation...A felony in most states...

843.08 False personation.—A person who falsely assumes or pretends to be a firefighter, sheriff, officer of the Florida Highway Patrol, officer of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, fire or arson investigator of the Department of Financial Services, officer of the Department of Financial Services, officer of the Department of Corrections, correctional probation officer, deputy sheriff, state attorney or assistant state attorney, statewide prosecutor or assistant statewide prosecutor, state attorney investigator, coroner, police officer, lottery special agent or lottery investigator, beverage enforcement agent, or watchman, or any member of the Florida Commission on Offender Review and any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission, or any personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement, or a federal law enforcement officer as defined in s. 901.1505, and takes upon himself or herself to act as such, or to require any other person to aid or assist him or her in a matter pertaining to the duty of any such officer, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I'd love to see a closeup of the badge and shield lol. Looks like an INS officer!

Boo hoo

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

if that guy walked into a restaurant in NYC, they would say and do anything to get that guy out of there. Looks like a NYC health dept. inspector http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1756783

Hey at least the uniform doesn't look like this...

Reno9114_L[1].jpg

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

every time I think I have seen or heard it all something like this pops up and i just shake my head.. There are so many things wrong with this that I dont even know where to start.. The scariest is that if you were so insane to think it was ok, and tell everyone what you do.. Thanks if you didn't some of us may have been dumb enough to buy leads from you.. WOW just WOW
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Hey you can't knock the guy for having some brass balls. No wonder he's using a gmail address to hide his identity
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 07-28-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

That sounds like a wonderful lead source. Differentiation is key, and I think that it would be such a unique method of leadgen that it would convert very well.

Why is everyone so opposed to this? It's not like they said they are fax-blasting and transferring those to you.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

He is walking around with a fake badge and misrepresenting himself as a compliance officer.. Anytime your approach starts with blatant lies and and misrepresentation I have a huge problem with it and sounds like a lot of other people on here also do
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

face to face actually works extremely well. I used to work at merchant processing company that had its own lending department. We would do outside sales, they had outsourced an appointment setting company and we would show up and close the processing deal. When we met with the merchant pitched them briefly on working capital and referred to one of the mca agents at the time. They would follow up and deal would usually close since he was already giving us his processing basically lay ups for the mca team when we referred them.

Great