Any recommendations for in person MCA appt setting companies?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 118833 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBDC_Leads View Post
    We have reps that will be starting face to face contact late this year, they wear uniforms and have actual badges and are called compliance officers (heck Orkin bug guys have uniforms)

They meet the merchants to give them some free stuff they need for their business, get a lot of info from them and then get them on the phone with our inside reps, who then transfer to proper referral partner

We even have our stickers that go on the windows by the Visa and MasterCard Logos

Lot more to it, but how does anyone come behind a uniformed officer, not very easy as we saw in our pilot program, our Compliance Officers win every time

I even have a mannequin of "Compliance Officer Rob" in our receptionist area, in full uniform (scares people), we even had mini badges that pin on your clothes because so many asked for them

A whole new approach to earning a merchants trust, and a home run
    I really don't think wearing a badge and being referred to as a compliance officer is the correct way to approach a merchant on the streets. Looks more like an investigator from the health dept. or the IRS which would alarm them more than anything else.

When mca was new, the people who walked from business to business (wearing regular clothes and handing out a business card) were the most successful.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

I'm sending my reps around in uniform too! In fact, they can wear the same uniform they wore at Hooters. We just put a Dymo label saying 'compliance' over their name. Then, once they've got the merchant's interest, we bust out our incentive program!

Honestly, there was a time when getting your foot in the door worked, but unless you've got some real 'juice', I don't see a door-to-door campaign doing well against the combined digital armament of your competitors.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    I'm sending my reps around in uniform too! In fact, they can wear the same uniform they wore at Hooters. We just put a Dymo label saying 'compliance' over their name. Then, once they've got the merchant's interest, we bust out our incentive program!

Honestly, there was a time when getting your foot in the door worked, but unless you've got some real 'juice', I don't see a door-to-door campaign doing well against the combined digital armament of your competitors.
    "Hi, I'm here in person to take up 20 minutes of your day pitching you a product you've heard about every hour on the hour for the past 2 years."

"Get the **** out of my store."