Any recommendations for in person MCA appt setting companies? - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    face to face actually works extremely well. I used to work at merchant processing company that had its own lending department. We would do outside sales, they had outsourced an appointment setting company and we would show up and close the processing deal. When we met with the merchant pitched them briefly on working capital and referred to one of the mca agents at the time. They would follow up and deal would usually close since he was already giving us his processing basically lay ups for the mca team when we referred them.
    I agree, face to face sales, not matter what the industry is, always had an edge over a phone call. But did you dress up like a cop with a badge on your uniform trying to interrogate the merchants for information

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

I wish people would put down the cheesy sales how-to's and the canned lists of what habits effective salespeople implement. Just treat people like human beings that have a need for a product or service. What's with the crazy approach?

If you have to dress up like a police officer to get people to talk to you - you are a poor communicator, unlikable, and should find a new line of work. I can't imagine the applicant pool that would even entertain dressing up like that and going door to door. If I went in for an interview, saw that mannequin in the lobby, I would run, not walk to my car and drive away as fast as possible.

Other than that, great idea.

Big hug
    Last edited by NBDC_Leads; 07-30-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    I agree, face to face sales, not matter what the industry is, always had an edge over a phone call. But did you dress up like a cop with a badge on your uniform trying to interrogate the merchants for information
    lol nah when I started I used to go suited up everywhere thinking that's the way to go then learned business owners related to you (me) more when I would dress casual button down an slacks as oppose to all suited up

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Is there something illegal about calling yourself a compliance officer? Otherwise, I think this is an excellent attention-grabber. Perhaps you personally wouldn't react well to this approach, but I am sure this would initiate many conversations.

A similar example is those "snap pack" mailers that everyone sends around tax season. Clearly they are designed to look like an official document, which causes the reader to open it, but it is the exact same philosophy as NBDC's method. Foot-in-the-door technique.

To each their own I guess.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Is there something illegal about calling yourself a compliance officer? Otherwise, I think this is an excellent attention-grabber. Perhaps you personally wouldn't react well to this approach, but I am sure this would initiate many conversations.

A similar example is those "snap pack" mailers that everyone sends around tax season. Clearly they are designed to look like an official document, which causes the reader to open it, but it is the exact same philosophy as NBDC's method. Foot-in-the-door technique.

To each their own I guess.
    Does something need to be illegal to be wrong.. Isn't the fact that you are blatantly lying to a person you are trying to start a business relationship with enough for it to be wrong. Isn't completely misrepresenting why you are there to talk them enough????
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Get it now??????
    Last edited by NBDC_Leads; 07-30-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Does something need to be illegal to be wrong.. Isn't the fact that you are blatantly lying to a person you are trying to start a business relationship with enough for it to be wrong. Isn't completely misrepresenting why you are there to talk them enough????
    Lying about what..? They use a made-up title that sounds official to get in the door. They can sell it as "we are here to make sure you understand the new compliance laws around business lending..." or whatever...
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

On this we will just have to disagree i guess
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

connection?

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBDC_Leads View Post
    Most scammers and criminal types that come in our office leave real fast too when they see him, is there a connection?
    and misrepresenting yourself to look like a public official with a fake badge ok?

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

NBDC_Leads, I am going on the assumption here that you are young and to an extent naive. I am not even saying this as a dig but I promise you, when you are stopped by a police officer or when you have your local administrative agency or better yet the Attorney Generals office send a letter to your office and followed by a subpoena, then you will realize that you should of listened to people here. Whether your method works or not is not the point here, and whether or not you found a company that is making these badges and uniforms for you isn't either. The simple fact that you are, with intent, seeking to convey or mislead someone that you maybe someone in an official governmental capacity is enough to land yourself in hot water. You can put all the disclaimers in the world out there but they will not do you very good. Just remember, all it takes is one person to "misperceive" and make the right phone calls. Whatever agency picks this up will spin this in such a way and parade you around like they just caught a serial killer....because this is what they do. You are playing with fire.

Member Reputation points: 1685

MCA w/ repo tactics...adorable

Been there,

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt

We have been cleared by several agencies, have to tell you we put this together for years, the people that make our badges, (the badges that have our name on them) requires official documentation to even make them.

I was in the military, I know how to make sure we are always above board and legal, we are doing a venture capital deal with this corporation (established 10 years ago), you think we could even start that without approvals and verifying our legal boundaries, funny you think security guards are playing with fire because they have uniforms, badges and are called "guards"?, same thing, maybe you should talk to a legal team, like we did before you ASSume, I have eaten lunch with Houston police and state comptrollers with my uniform on, they think it is great there is a company out to HELP, like we do, nothing illegal about making money while helping, that is the American way

Time for your nap

I will take their advice over yours ANY day...

PS A terrible thing happens when you don't know how to market, it's called Nothing, But I can tell you already know that from experience
    Security guards are hired by the company they are assigned to protect and are authorized on the premises. They also have background checks and legal certification by the city/state/county to conduct themselves as a security guard.

The Houston Police and city government officials have lunch with you dressed in a Halloween costume and actually praise you for helping the community by peddling uber high interest loans and credit card processing door to door? Now you've gone too far bro. My sides hurt from laughing, just stop.

I am convinced this is the twilight zone right now.. I really dont even know what to say any more.. You are impersonating someone you are not. That should be the beginning middle and end of the conversation.. end of story
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Yeah

Senior Member Reputation points: 8603 Regium's Avatar

Can I order some of your uniforms?

Yeah, really only our mannequin has a uniform, my inside reps just wear shirts, it was fun having fun though

Yeah I'm a funny person

I love you guys, a triple threat, smart, good looking and a sense of humor

About that bridge you wanted to buy

I have so much fun with you few, make me smile through out a tough day of counting all the money (evil grin while standing over world globe)
    you have a globe??? Do you keep it next to the mannequin in the uniform???
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

And
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NBDC_Leads; 07-30-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

This has got to be the most hysterical (and somewhat disturbing) threads I have read on here.

Senior Member Reputation points: 113 MatthewAStucchio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    This has got to be the most hysterical (and somewhat disturbing) threads I have read on here.
    agreed
    Regards,

Matthew A. Stucchio
    Associate

World Business Lenders, LLC

120 W. 45th St.
    5th & 29th Floor
    New York, NY 10036

Main: (212) 293-8200
    Direct: (212) 220-6018
    Fax: (646) 417-7161
    Email: Mstucchio@wbl.com
    www.WBL.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

just came across this on Linked In and thought about this thread, thought it would be of interest to the OP (original poster.)

We are a decade-old, full -featured and exclusive lead generation room with substantial experience in multiple-barrel of lead generation (live transfer, face-to-face-appointment setting, e-mail marketing, internet lead generation, customer support and up-selling) campaigns for Financial Services industry (MCA, Lockbox, Equipment Leasing, SBA, Commercial Lending, among others) and Payment Processing Industry ( rate and cost saving analysis for merchants account, POS Systems, Payroll, ATM Machines, among others).

Any queries on how will these marketing campaign affect your profit bottomline, please feel free to contact the undersigned.

Professionally,

Ms. Terry Lee ))
    Director for Sales and Marketing
    One-Touch Sales and Marketing Initiatives
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I worked with Terry Lee briefly and she took my money and never fulfilled her lead quota. Buyer beware...