Leads with Statement
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

I feel like this would not only be illegal, but unethical as well... That might just be me though...

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Shiroky View Post
    I feel like this would not only be illegal, but unethical as well... That might just be me though...
    there are already companies that do this Ryan. As long as the application grants the company the ability to share data with 3rd parties, it's going to happen. My question though is, if you can get as far as the point where you are collecting docs, why would you sell the lead at that point? Why not just close the deal?

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    there are already companies that do this Ryan. As long as the application grants the company the ability to share data with 3rd parties, it's going to happen. My question though is, if you can get as far as the point where you are collecting docs, why would you sell the lead at that point? Why not just close the deal?
    A premier "lead seller" has decided to only sell "packages." Meaning completed apps, etc. I asked him the same question; "why not just make the money on the deals yourself?" His reply was basically this; if by submitting the package the deal is 30, 40, or 50% done - then he's smart to cash in and pass on the rest of the costs to the broker / funder.

I honestly lost all respect for the guy - for other reasons, but I do see his logic.