What is up with the crazy
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Is it me or has the level of crazy in regards to some of these posts lately been off the charts.. Between new products Gmail address' and the promises of life changing leads I may need to take a break. What happened to the normal everyday crazy deal questions, industry news, and the bashing of the ondeck stock.. Some of these people need to go away for my sanity
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Newbie funders, low barrier to entry, stacking frenzy- this is the cocktail

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

I also think one reason you are seeing so many gmail and hotmail accounts is because the folks posting here are B/D hired guns. They are just set up and they're specific job is to get you to submit deals to that company. Probably are only contracted, and therefore don't have company emails

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    I also think one reason you are seeing so many gmail and hotmail accounts is because the folks posting here are B/D hired guns. They are just set up and they're specific job is to get you to submit deals to that company. Probably are only contracted, and therefore don't have company emails
    yeah but do you really think they are actually getting people to send deals?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

I've seen some pretty crazy stuff in this business man, nothing would surprise me

Senior Member Reputation points: 62986

I hope not. someone responded to my post once who had a Gmail. I told him I wouldn't do business with someone who had a Gmail and the next day he had a company email address.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    yeah but do you really think they are actually getting people to send deals?
    As someone who has actually had to field complaints from people that sound like, "funder69@hotmail.com on the forum said he would pay me 25 points upfront and then stole my deal, help me," I'd have to bet that some of them are successful in getting deals.

You actually can't even register for this site anymore with a yahoo email. The domain is banned. My advice is don't send a deal to anyone with a free email account and anyone soliciting deals with a free email account may be banned.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by MCAVeteran View Post
    Newbie funders, low barrier to entry, stacking frenzy- this is the cocktail
    Love all the questions about who the "best" funders are, what my script is, and where to get leads.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    As someone who has actually had to field complaints from people that sound like, "funder69@hotmail.com on the forum said he would pay me 25 points upfront and then stole my deal, help me," I'd have to bet that some of them are successful in getting deals.

You actually can't even register for this site anymore with a yahoo email. The domain is banned. My advice is don't send a deal to anyone with a free email account and anyone soliciting deals with a free email account may be banned.
    if someone sends a deal to someone with a free email account they deserve what they get no offense.. I agree ban the yahoo's and gmail's of the world but if someone is dumb enough to send a deal to these people then darwinism steps in and you deal with the consequences..
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

If they are registering with a company email but they use a gmail or yahoo account to solicit deals, it should tell us right away they are hiding something. Why not use the same email they registered with? Probably because they're shady.

A lot of the posts have become spam magnets for either new direct funders that have come into the market looking for submissions or all the lead guys trying to get rich selling bogus leads while promising the world (some of these guys sell the same names over and over for years).

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

Sooner or later, some enterprising cable channel, low on ratings, will start a reality series about the industry.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    Sooner or later, some enterprising cable channel, low on ratings, will start a reality series about the industry.
    There was actually a legit hollywood movie producer calling around the industry late last year, looking for an MCA/Wall Street storyline. He called me about it hoping I'd help. I told him definitely not.

the Kardashians and the Jersey Shore have nothing on some of the **** that goes on in this industry
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

I was unaware of the interest from the entertainment business! I've read Aristotle's Poetics AND Irwin Blacker, HMU and let's punch out a script/treatment/sample episode! Working title: "Ronin of Wall Street".

Senior Member Reputation points: 3217 CO1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    There was actually a legit hollywood movie producer calling around the industry late last year, looking for an MCA/Wall Street storyline. He called me about it hoping I'd help. I told him definitely not.

If he calls next time pass him my number! =)