Funeral Home "Season" Is Coming To A Close
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Funeral Home "Season" Is Coming To A Close

A client was on the phone with a small funeral home in the south west today. The owner told him he wanted an advance before he went into low season. He asked him what was his season. He told him the suicide rate goes up in the spring and ends before the holidays start. I always thought suicide rates were higher around the holidays. apparently not. Morbid as it sounds, you have to give credit to the owner for knowing his business cycles.

Had a similar thing happen when I was doing sales. When I asked him why their was a huge amount of deposits that came in on 3 consecutive days he said "Bus accident".

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Geeze, how morbid

Asking businesses what their busys seasons are and how their industries work is key to being successful in this industry. Fyi, ProMED Healthcare Financing provides funding to Funeral Homes. 631-468-6325, ask for James Graydon.

Quote Originally Posted by MCAESSENTIALS View Post
    A client was on the phone with a small funeral home in the south west today. The owner told him he wanted an advance before he went into low season. He asked him what was his season. He told him the suicide rate goes up in the spring and ends before the holidays start. I always thought suicide rates were higher around the holidays. apparently not. Morbid as it sounds, you have to give credit to the owner for knowing his business cycles.