anyone NOT using UCC leads or live transfers?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

I'm just curious as to how most people are generating leads nowadays. I don't need a lead source. I have my own system and I'm doing very well. It seems to me that everyone is dogging out the UCC's and live transfers. Is anybody out there doing things differently? You don't have to reveal what you're doing exactly.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

If you have you own lead generating system, and it is doing quite well....why do you care what inferior ISO's are doing?

I never said anything about anyone else being inferior. Is it a crime to be curious? This is a forum where the industry and all facets of it are discussed, is it not?

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aych86 View Post
    I never said anything about anyone else being inferior.
    I think by saying you have your own system and are doing very well while everyone else is dogging out the UCC's and live transfers is suggesting everyone else is inferior to what you are doing.

Why does having my own system and doing well equate to everyone else being inferior? I read the forum and I see multiple threads about the use and misuse of UCC leads and I just wanted to know if anyone was doing anything else. What's the big deal?

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Why does having my own system and doing well equate to everyone else being inferior? I read the forum and I see multiple threads about the use and misuse of UCC leads and I just wanted to know if anyone was doing anything else. What's the big deal?
    Everyone is spring loaded right now because of stiff competition in the space. Few will admit that they aren't making what they think they should be and that it's tough in the marketplace, so they come on the forum and tout that they are killing it, all the while asking how to generate business.

Make sense?

jotucker1983
    I'm just curious as to how most people are generating leads nowadays. I don't need a lead source. I have my own system and I'm doing very well. It seems to me that everyone is dogging out the UCC's and live transfers. Is anybody out there doing things differently? You don't have to reveal what you're doing exactly.
    Buddy, why would anyone actually tell you what they are doing differently that's working lol? Come on my friend, it's common sense that nobody is going to release their secret sauce on a Public Forum. This Forum is for Networking and discussing the industry from a generic standpoint.

Yea, I guess. I read this forum like everyone else. I've been on here a long time and have been in this industry almost a decade. I rarely post, but when I do, it's because I'm genuinely curious.

Number one, I said in my original post that nobody had to reveal specifically what they were doing. I just wanted to know if anyone was doing ANYTHING different. Two. This is a discussion about what's going on in the industry. Leads are the bread and butter of any business and if the well is drying up for the majority in one area it warrants discussion. It's not to toot my own horn or make others feel a way. It's to get people thinking and discussing a real issue.

Member Reputation points: 13

can anyone forward me their client list for my personal research? lololol...in all seriousness, this isn't a "lead" forum....the furthest you're going to get is asking if a lead source is reputable so that you avoid being scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by pfalconemca View Post
    can anyone forward me their client list for my personal research? lololol...in all seriousness, this isn't a "lead" forum....the furthest you're going to get is asking if a lead source is reputable so that you avoid being scammed.
    oh, so you have the juice sir?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I am doing the same things that everyone else is doing only I'm doing it more intelligently and cost effectively.

jotucker1983
    Number one, I said in my original post that nobody had to reveal specifically what they were doing. I just wanted to know if anyone was doing ANYTHING different. Two. This is a discussion about what's going on in the industry. Leads are the bread and butter of any business and if the well is drying up for the majority in one area it warrants discussion. It's not to toot my own horn or make others feel a way. It's to get people thinking and discussing a real issue.
    - Of course people are doing things differently, UCCs, SEO and Cold-Calling SIC lists aren't the only ways to produce quality leads.

- The reason the well is drying up for UCCs is because everybody came on Public Forums and started talking about UCC Searches, posting free UCC Searches, posting the Company UCC Alias Names, etc. Now everybody and their mother (literally) are calling UCCs, that is why UCCs don't work anymore.

What makes a good lead a good lead and what makes good data, is the scarcity of it. If everybody is calling the same lead or the same chunk of data, the quality decreases to the point where it's non-existent.

This is why good leads and good data are best produced, researched, mined and generated in-house, but far too often we have been buying external leads and data (that everybody else has bought) and are expecting to produce quality returns.

So going back to your original premise, yes, I would say most of the successful shops are doing things differently. But if you think they are going to discuss that on a Public Forum so similar to UCCs, their competitors can copy the strategy and drive away returns again, I don't think that's going to happen.

What's your email? What CRM are you using? I'll be sure to format the list so it can just upload directly in there for ya.

Member Reputation points: 13

I don't have a me-mail...and whats a CRM?

I don't use UCC or live transfers.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

and honestly I dont even like to ask if a lead source is reputable because if the answer comes back yes now everyone who didn't know about the source now does.. It sucks but with lead sources trial and error is what you have to do
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

I never have used a UCC lead and have plenty of customers. I shop businesses that look intersting get to know who the owner is and build a relationship over time. Nobody ever says no to the money it's just the terms and conditions of the money that is the challenge.

My suggestion is to definitely build your own list. UCC's tend to get pounded hourly. What has worked the best for me was Voicemail drops to CELL Phones and email campaigns. Also, there are ways to get inbound leads to your site cheaply. I am actually providing a free training course on these topics.