Bogus Files Rant
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 290 1StopFunding's Avatar

Bogus Files Rant

I can spot them a mile away!!! 2 different deals submitted this week with fraudulent statements!!! These guys are idiots. Showing $50K a month in deposits with $30k left over and NO business expenses. Dude wants $15k-$20k! Sent the one guy a nice letter to let him know finder would be verifying account via shared screen or Decision Logic. Dude says, oh well I had closed that account a few days ago. I said so how do you propose my finder get their money if we get you an advance? He says, oh well I have another account I put all my money in. BOY BYE!!!!
    Got fraud package today. I called merchant and just flat out asked if his statements were real because they didn't look real. He says, oh I had someone boost the numbers on 2 of them. BOY BYE!
    Cheryl Tibbs- General Manager
    Equipment LeaseCo Inc
    www.equipmentleaseco.com

Love catching fraud deals. Always an entertaining part of my day.

Senior Member Reputation points: 17416

I don't love it. Definitely have fun with it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

I send them to cashadvanceanonymous.org
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 2463

We had a file come in that the guy sent last years statements... just changed the date... so when we go do decision logic none of the deposits or debits even closely match up... The amount of Fraud that is floating around is crazy and it is nice to have systems such as decision logic to help catch it. As that technology betters itself and can map to almost all the banks... I wouldn't be surprised if most of the major funders require/make it mandatory for bank statements to be submitted through decision logic instead of paper statements so more will be caught on the front end.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

I have seen some very careless mistakes such as the deposits don't add up or the font is different on total deposits. These people are committing fraud, and I don't know why there is no criminal action to my knowledge against them. That will certainly stop them from doing it to someone else.

Nobody wants to get the Boys involved. I like HeatherF idea, which I've implemented with a couple of my ISO's. Using decision logic with submissions makes everything easier.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

had merchant send me statements once that showed atm withdraws in amounts of $90.83 and $60.45, she swore to me up and down that atms can give out change in her area (Oklahoma) then when I asked why her previous ending months balance and next months beginning months balance weren't the same she tried blaming her bank stating their system must have made the error.

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1StopFunding View Post
    BOY BYE!
    hahhaahaha
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sachip24 View Post
    had merchant send me statements once that showed atm withdraws in amounts of $90.83 and $60.45, she swore to me up and down that atms can give out change in her area (Oklahoma) then when I asked why her previous ending months balance and next months beginning months balance weren't the same she tried blaming her bank stating their system must have made the error.
    did you ask her "Ahhh, ok.. but can I ask you, why ON EARTH would you want to withdraw $90.83 from an ATM? Because if things are that tight, I am afraid I am going to have to decline your application."

Member Reputation points: 10

Ive been getting a lot of bogus stmts too lately. I just cant figure out when they have a real business & Profitable (you have a website & yelps, and sos) why they want to risk it all with this. Is there an underground WC fraud movement for this? Whats going on? I mean Ive gotten totally fake companies-- but real as well!