Rob Buchanan of InfoGroup review requested
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper1 View Post
    I bought some UCC leads from him last year and a good 35-40% of the "leads" were garbage. Several bad phone numbers and several companies that had never had cash advance and many didn't even know anything about cash advances or working capital.
    While I don't speak for Rob or Infogroup, you have to realize that when you buy records from these companies you are not buying "leads", you are simply buying "data". Infogroup is a data company (www.infogroup.com/about-infogroup).

When you buy data, you are looking for at least 70% of the data to be what it's promoted to be, for example if they are UCC records, then the listings should be at least 70% accurate in terms of 70% of the records being actual merchants who took out the MCAs at the stated filing date, as well as the contact information for said merchant being up to date. It's impossible to have a 100% accuracy rate with data because business information updates and changes very frequently.

There's a number of places to buy data, but in my opinion you should only buy it from actual data compiling companies rather than 3rd party sellers. Data compiling companies usually house hundreds of employees and use a variety of public/private/survey based resources to compile the data. That data is then what's sold to the general marketplace.

After you buy that data, it's up to you to determine how to convert a percentage of the data records into leads, and a percentage of your leads into revenue.

The terminology of "UCC leads" is what's misleading, the reps from Infogroup who post on these Forums should use the proper terminology (in my opinion) as to not confuse agents/brokers as to what they are actually selling.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 07-23-2015 at 10:33 AM.