Provocative headline - I know.

There's context here. Rhyme and reason. Follow me.

You guys remember Steve Jobs right? Only like one of the most successful CEOs ever? Well Steve Jobs became great because he was never afraid of killing himself (Apple) in order to win. In fact, as an avid poker player, it ddn't take long for me to observe that that's a #1 trait endemic to Poker Players.

Lets talk about Steve for a moment, and let's figure out how his and similar case studies may help you succeed.

Here it is in the early 2000's and iPod sales are soaring. Shipping an iPhone for $500 (enough to make Steve Ballmer literally laugh on national TV) - an iPhone which played music was a sure fire way killing off the higher margin iPod business.

Infighting within Apple ensued - and ultimately Steve shipped... Why did he ship? Well if the iPhone killed the iPod, then that means something really good happened. That means people loved it.

iPod sales are still strong to this day.

A spreadsheet CEO would have certainly killed it before it started.

What does that mean for the MCA funder?

Simply put, if you are a premium guy and you are not actively investing in cannibalizing yourself - someone else is going to eat you alive.

If you are a leader of a premium firm, what do you have to lose by locking your most talented people in a room, with a whiteboard, pizza, beer after 5 p.m., for a week straight?

The competitive environment is so fierce that from a birds eye view, I only see upside potential.

If you are spending $200k per month on PPC AND failing, then consider investing $10k into 20 separate marketing experiments derived of that weeklong jam session

BUILD.

MEASURE.

LEARN.

SCALE.

If you choose to forever remained eloped with PPC, brokers, and outbound phone dialing, you are missing out on the biggest opportunity of all...

Here's the real reason why Steve wasn't afraid of cannibalizing the iPod.

See, on the iPhone, you communicate with people.

iPod - not so much.

So, if John Consumer buys an iPhone there's a greater likelihood for what is called a viral co-efficient being activated. He has to communicate so there is a greater likelihood of him actually passively helping to convert his friends into customers.

Do you have a widget designed that will help passively convert each existing customers' business owner network into customers? If not, why not?

I've run experiments over the past months - randomly with other brilliant marketers and copywriters see answer a question; "can we actually manufacture product demand for this?"

The answer is yes, and it's heavily preponderant on what's called a viral co-efficient...

Yes. I've figured out how to actually make a guy with 700 credit want, and take the higher interest money. How did I do that? By connecting the money to his innermost needs and desires.

How did I do it?

I literally bought some envelopes, stamps, and hand wrote 100 letters. I used 4 sets of copy.

I then measured, and learned.

Next steps are to iterate on what I've learned so as to gather more data to create a bona fide - demand creation machine.

Here I am flat broke compared to you guys and the amounts you have in your accounts... Why are you guys not light years ahead of me?

Dismantle your marketing.

Test everything.