Co-brokering Scumbags
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Co-brokering Scumbags

Sometime you don't even know you are co-brokering until after the fact. I did a deal with a company that calls themselves a direct Lender on DF. They sent the deal to another company that claims to be a direct Lender and they sent the deal to a third company that actually funded it.

That being said, I agree that co-brokering in the MCA space is unnecessary in most cases. I rarely do cash advances anymore. But when you go into other spaces, co-brokering is a fact of life. I deal with a lot of projects that require debt and equity of multi millions and it is all about the right connections. Even companies that have hundreds of millions in assets function as brokers. Their position gives them access to those who can fund these types of deals. So just saying that you want to deal only with direct lenders can kill your deals. You need to know the space you are dealing with. You can make a lot of money co- brokering, you just need to pick your partners carefully. And to those of you in the MCA space, you need patience once you move outside your realm. Many of these deals can take months to close and the percentages on commissions are nowhere near what you are used to with MCAs. But then again, when you are doing multi million dollar deals they don't have to be. Commissions may have to be split between a half a dozen people and they are still worth it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by Avell Group Consultants View Post
    Sometime you don't even know you are co-brokering until after the fact. I did a deal with a company that calls themselves a direct Lender on DF. They sent the deal to another company that claims to be a direct Lender and they sent the deal to a third company that actually funded it.

That being said, I agree that co-brokering in the MCA space is unnecessary in most cases. I rarely do cash advances anymore. But when you go into other spaces, co-brokering is a fact of life. I deal with a lot of projects that require debt and equity of multi millions and it is all about the right connections. Even companies that have hundreds of millions in assets function as brokers. Their position gives them access to those who can fund these types of deals. So just saying that you want to deal only with direct lenders can kill your deals. You need to know the space you are dealing with. You can make a lot of money co- brokering, you just need to pick your partners carefully. And to those of you in the MCA space, you need patience once you move outside your realm. Many of these deals can take months to close and the percentages on commissions are nowhere near what you are used to with MCAs. But then again, when you are doing multi million dollar deals they don't have to be. Commissions may have to be split between a half a dozen people and they are still worth it.
    Avell- If I am not mistaken we both got caught in a co-brokering scandal not too long ago when a "broker" reached out to you about some files to find homes for. One of them were mine from a week prior that was "back-door-ed" and sent out to unsuspecting brokers who they prey on to get files done for them. It's pretty disgusting and thus why I stopped Co-brokering files. Those who did it for the right causes like helping those who don't have an office or admin get caught in the middle of some tough battles that aren't worth fighting- no matter the commission amount.

deBanked posted about co-brokering... read and respond and keep the thread going.

http://debanked.com/2015/05/the-co-b...-cash-advance/
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.