Is it me or is this crazy???
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Is it me or is this crazy???

I was wondering if anyone else can think of an industry where people wake up one day and decide they want to open a Sales Office for a product they know nothing about. I give these guys credit I guess for having the balls to go into an industry with no experience or knowledge at all and try to give it a go but at the same time I dont get it. I would think the normal way to go about it would be to work for another company learn the industry maybe see if you like it and or are good at it then maybe once you know what you are doing consider opening your own company. I dont get how you can expect to be successful when you have no clue what this industry is about or how the products we sell work. Is it just me or is this kind of insane?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Haha, yeah definitely takes balls since I feel like most people would prefer to work for a MCA broker/funder first before opening up their own shop. However in our industry realistically speaking all you really need to make money is a phone, a computer, an e-mail account, and a relationship with a lender...oh and a good sales pitch. The rest you can pick up in a few weeks and perfect in a few months. Maybe that's why there are a dozen shops opening up on a daily basis.
    Warm regards,

Eddie Soyfer • Account Manager
    DIRECT: (347)732-5683 FAX: (917) 979-6432

Senior Member Reputation points: 5016 @jeannette's Avatar

You never know if you can or can't do something until you try. I have been in this industry since 1999 and I will gladly say that it is not rocket science. The biggest problem someone is going to run into is Lead Generation, followed closely by knowing who you can trust. If you have been in sales before, I think the pitch takes no time to master. What I have seen when an individual wants to start on their own, they end up gravitating towards a large shop solving the lead gen problem.
    Jeannette Nearing | Business Development Officer| AmeriFactors
    | M (770) 362-2307
    jnearing@amerifactors.com |

http://www.amerifactors.com
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeannettenearing

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

The lead gen problem is the number one issue that new ISOs face. If you're inexperienced, you'll be burning through a lot of money trying to figure out what works...