Securities (commonstock) as collateral
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Anybody have any options here? Merchant with 80k in common stock looking to use it as collateral rather than take the capital gains tax hit. I know 401k administrators offer loans off of their position based on NAV but I'm unsure of where to guide this business owner.

Any direct source have an option? Brokers with good advice?

Thanks,
    Peter

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

Is this publicly traded stock?

Quote Originally Posted by PJLamar38 View Post
    Anybody have any options here? Merchant with 80k in common stock looking to use it as collateral rather than take the capital gains tax hit. I know 401k administrators offer loans off of their position based on NAV but I'm unsure of where to guide this business owner.

Any direct source have an option? Brokers with good advice?

Thanks,
    Peter

Peter, I have a direct lender that will lend against publicly traded stock. I can be reached at 765-506-8048.

Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by MoveAhead162@gmail.com View Post
    Peter, I have a direct lender that will lend against publicly traded stock. I can be reached at 765-506-8048.

Lorraine
    Called, Thanks.

Placed this as a referral for a friend at Wells Fargo Advisors. No other real options available.

Unrestricted Blue Chip Common Stock as Collateral, if there is an option in our space for these and somebody sees it please inbox me for next time. Appreciate any assistance.

No brokers on cell phones please.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by PJLamar38; 05-13-2015 at 09:13 AM. Reason: placed

Senior Member Reputation points: 3824

You can take a stock loan from the institution that manages your money. It's usually 50-70% of the value of unrestricted common stock you own. If you should need more LIQUIDATE.

Quote Originally Posted by anydealfunded View Post
    You can take a stock loan from the institution that manages your money. It's usually 50-70% of the value of unrestricted common stock you own. If you should need more LIQUIDATE.
    "LIQUIDATE" isn't always sound financial advice - Liquidation comes with capital-gains taxes in this example or it would obviously be that simple. 401k administrators and fund families manage money - if you purchase common stock from a discount brokerage that is not a service that is offered, and it is the most common way people purchase common stock because it doesn't make sense to pay for somebody who isn't offering advice to execute a trade you can do on your own.

Wells Fargo Advisors will however, get involved if they become listed as the agent of record and they will lend against it. The issue is if you are unlicensed you legally can't get paid for the referral. I am licensed, but I'd still rather prefer to have a more hands on approach with an alternative than be submitting deals to WF of all places. The issue is the regulation. I'm trying to find a lender in the alternative space or at least alternative broker friendly that is registered as an SIPC member firm regulated as such etc.

Thanks,
    Peter