Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
I am shocked if you do not see a difference based on the collection method. Perhaps you are only funding prime deals with lots of cash in the bank on split? I wrote a bit about ACH vs. Split-funding on the ETA's website: http://www.electran.org/guest-analys...-processing-3/
It may seem counter intuitive that there is no a discernible difference in performance based on payment method (ACH v. Split), but here is my theory. A merchant 'defaults' on an MCA by either 1.)going out of business (not technically a default) or 2.) intentionally avoiding payment. A split does not prevent either of these scenarios. It reduces bouncing, but in my experience, severe bouncing is a symptom of one of the reasons stated above, not an honest rough patch in liquidity management. If you are draining too much cash from a business, it doesn't matter what the method is, you'll end up in the same place very quickly. Don't get me wrong, a split is still my preference because its the cleanest and easiest way to service an advance, but I see it offering any reduction in the probability of default.