Credit Score?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 2463

I can provide my outlook and take on credit scores. When a funder is taking from the split and getting funds before the merchant even has time to mismanage... credit score is not as great of a factor, but when you are set up on ACH repayment and trying to take funds out of a bank account then a business owners repayment history becomes a factor. A person has a low credit score for a variety of reason but the main underlying issue is the business owner does not respect or adhere to guidelines of a contract or obligation they have held themselves to. yes there are those that have circumstances outside of their control and that is why i feel it is important to look not just at the score but at the last time they had a delinquent flag put against them. If the business owner is on the mend and trying to fix his issues and has not had any delinquent flags against him/her in the last year the credit score could be overlooked.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherF View Post
    I can provide my outlook and take on credit scores. When a funder is taking from the split and getting funds before the merchant even has time to mismanage... credit score is not as great of a factor, but when you are set up on ACH repayment and trying to take funds out of a bank account then a business owners repayment history becomes a factor. A person has a low credit score for a variety of reason but the main underlying issue is the business owner does not respect or adhere to guidelines of a contract or obligation they have held themselves to. yes there are those that have circumstances outside of their control and that is why i feel it is important to look not just at the score but at the last time they had a delinquent flag put against them. If the business owner is on the mend and trying to fix his issues and has not had any delinquent flags against him/her in the last year the credit score could be overlooked.
    Doesn't sound like this guy is looking for a $10,000 starter deal

Heather makes a very good point. That is the way we view FICO also. It is not about the score, it is what is behind the score. A business with the deposit level described is not looking for $10k, that is a $100k - $200k deal and most (probably not all) funders look carefully at character. We've all been burned too many times by borrowers on an ACH deal that cut us off and don't give a damn and make us litigate, garnish bank accounts etc before we get paid.