Is all this Market Saturation talk, just talk?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Is all this Market Saturation talk, just talk?

the thing is, funders that offer the flexibility of funding deals with tax liens, gas stations, homebased, online, bad credit, and the like dont want you to send in only deals that meet that criteria. Ask any funder that says they'll do gas station deals if you can send all your gas stations. I guarantee they'll say "If that's all you're going to send us, then don't bother. Do a few million regular decent cedit retail/food service deals with us and we'll do some gas stations with you." no one wants to be a dump for your tax lien deals, or other impaired files. Saying they'll do them means so long as you send them all of your other business too.

Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    the thing is, funders that offer the flexibility of funding deals with tax liens, gas stations, homebased, online, bad credit, and the like dont want you to send in only deals that meet that criteria. Ask any funder that says they'll do gas station deals if you can send all your gas stations. I guarantee they'll say "If that's all you're going to send us, then don't bother. Do a few million regular decent cedit retail/food service deals with us and we'll do some gas stations with you." no one wants to be a dump for your tax lien deals, or other impaired files. Saying they'll do them means so long as you send them all of your other business too.
    +1

I would also go out and say, companies funding $2MM a month is probably more prevalent than you would think. Many of the companies that were funding in house $100-200k/month a few years ago should have grown to those numbers by now. The ultimate question I would ask a "new" funding company as was already stated is "What do you offer, that I dont have today?" And if your answer is a point or two, stop wasting my time. I'd rather fund with an established company that I have been doing business with for some time than risk my renewal portfolio with some new, no name firm.

Member Reputation points: 33

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    +1

I would also go out and say, companies funding $2MM a month is probably more prevalent than you would think. Many of the companies that were funding in house $100-200k/month a few years ago should have grown to those numbers by now. The ultimate question I would ask a "new" funding company as was already stated is "What do you offer, that I dont have today?" And if your answer is a point or two, stop wasting my time. I'd rather fund with an established company that I have been doing business with for some time than risk my renewal portfolio with some new, no name firm.
    I get what you're trying to say, but I would not phrase it that way.

No business, in any industry (unless they're a desperate before they even started) will want to hear, "What do you offer me, that I don't have today"..."stop wasting my time". As soon as they hear that, they will tune you out before you even start. The conversation is being presented as "me" "me", "me". It makes a lot more sense to approach a new funding company with, "What can we do for each other to make this a win-win for both of us". Business is about relationship building on both ends, you may already have a book of business, but you already know, there are hundreds of ISO's out there that started out with no deals and built up their book, and those are the guy's that helped build the ODC's and Strategic's of this world. There are of course plenty more entering the game, some will succeed most wont.

So while it may not make sense for you, it might be a better option for other ISO's who want to get in with a new funding company. A new business is always more loyal to it's early entry partners more than anyone else, but that loyalty is not born overnight. You can wait a year, or two to jump on board, but you wont be able to negotiate the same type of deal those other folks are getting.
    Last edited by Duvdevan; 07-29-2013 at 01:37 PM.