Anyone know how to make a press 1 campaign work?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Anyone know how to make a press 1 campaign work?

I have about zero expectations for this type of marketing and even that's not being met

We're tweaking and re-tweaking just to try to get the phones to ring somewhat. Maybe I'll just have the dialer call 911...at least we'll get a response!

If you've got a suggestion and it works, I'll throw you a days worth of calls. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to openly share your secret sauce.

Senior Member Reputation points: 117023 ridextreme's Avatar

call people directly. The press 1 does not ask for the owner. it pitches the receptionist and the waitress. now do you see why your not getting good results?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Press 1's are brutal. I think I did them for about two weeks and pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    call people directly. The press 1 does not ask for the owner. it pitches the receptionist and the waitress. now do you see why your not getting good results?
    We do that too, we don't just do one thing. Just trying this out as part of our inbound strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Press 1's are brutal. I think I did them for about two weeks and pulled the plug.
    We're about 10 days in at this point. The first call we got turned into an app but we've got nothing since. Yesterday we went all day without even a DNC call.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2218

Sounds like you need to change the message being broadcasted. Experiment with different messages . Something must be really wrong if you are not even getting pissed off merchants telling you stop calling them lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

The only way I'd ever do Press 1's is to have an offshore call center handle them and then transfer the merchants that have already been pre-screened by the initial agent. It's much more expensive but you get far better quality. The trick is you need about 50-100 agents dedicated to this campaign to get decent lead volume per day. It's all about scale. Unfortunately, most small ISOs don't have a large enough marketing budget to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    The only way I'd ever do Press 1's is to have an offshore call center handle them and then transfer the merchants that have already been pre-screened by the initial agent. It's much more expensive but you get far better quality. Unfortunately, most small ISOs don't have a large enough marketing budget to make it work.
    That's kinda where we are heading, I think.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Press 1's didn't work for me either.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller192 View Post
    I have about zero expectations for this type of marketing and even that's not being met

We're tweaking and re-tweaking just to try to get the phones to ring somewhat. Maybe I'll just have the dialer call 911...at least we'll get a response!

If you've got a suggestion and it works, I'll throw you a days worth of calls. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to openly share your secret sauce.

Talk to your Partner and ask them. No matter if the "secret sauce" is shared on the public discussion forum or the PM, it's still going to be shared to a competitor. As I have said on this Forum before, nobody is going to help on this board with strategic planning (good marketing, producing quality leads, etc), because that would be foolish as they are doing nothing but helping someone compete against them.

Who are you partnered with in terms of Lenders? Ask them, they have a vested interest in helping you, nobody on this board does and when it comes to these types of questions, you aren't going to get quality answers.

This board is great to network and discuss the industry, but I think you guys are wasting your time with these types of questions trying to get people on this board to help you compete against them lol.

Just being open and honest with you
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 04-16-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Talk to your Partner and ask them. No matter if the "secret sauce" is shared on the public discussion forum or the PM, it's still going to be shared to a competitor. As I have said on this Forum before, nobody is going to help on this board with strategic planning (good marketing, producing quality leads, etc), because that would be foolish as they are doing nothing but helping someone compete against them.

Who are you partnered with in terms of Lenders? Ask them, they have a vested interest in helping you, nobody on this board does and when it comes to these types of questions, you aren't going to get quality answers.

This board is great to network and discuss the industry, but I think you guys are wasting your time with these types of questions trying to get people on this board to help you compete against them lol.

Just being open and honest with you
    I don't disagree with what you are saying and this board is made up of lenders and brokers alike. I was just hoping to offer something in return and have gotten some responses.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

My experience (I ran one of the largest press 1 campaign in MCA history at 2nd source funding) is the owners of most businesses are not the ones answering calls, it did work for a long time at Liquor stores / Optical store / Towing / Auto repair since owners at those are usually picking up the phone... rule of tomb, larger the business the less likely owner will pick up the phone to hit 1

I'd be happy to answer any questions email me:
    bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    Last edited by mcaguru; 04-17-2015 at 10:40 AM.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

I am still getting press 1 calls on my cell phone every day asking if I want a business loan. There's no way to get off the list.

Senior Member Reputation points: 117023 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    I am still getting press 1 calls on my cell phone every day asking if I want a business loan. There's no way to get off the list.
    lol this is true. When people press 1 asking to be taken off the list and I ask why they didn't press 2 which is supposed to do that, they say:

"I have been pressing 2 every day. You guys still continue to call me!"

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    One option is to succumb and just sign on the line which is dotted...
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

If you care about your company's online reputation I would recommend staying away from press 1's. Most of the people who press 1 just want to DRILL your reps for information about who they are and who they work for. When they find out your company name they will undoubtedly take their anger out on you online over the other 500 calls they got. The reason why "press 2 to be removed from the list" doesn't work is because the same data is being sold to 500 companies. They might be removed from one company's list, but they are on 499 more. Robo-calls are not the greatest representation of our industry. Only super trustworthy people, such as politicians, should use robo calls during campaign season :-)

I have 5 different kinds of recordings that might work for you. I'll send them to you free of cost. If you want press 1 data, I can provide that too.

Even if you dont want the data, I'll still send you the recordings free.

email me at rebele.james@gmail.com