Signed: Mr. Frustrated with On Deck
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    If you have a good relationship with your rep, he'll cut you slack. My On Deck rep told you that if you are actively submitting deals (even 2-3 per month), then your renewals will be safe. Even if they are all declined, that's not a problem.
    Then they should take it out of their legal iso agreement.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    Then they should take it out of their legal iso agreement.
    ODC will reply as most other funds would..."Our contracts are non negotiable". You are a 5-10 deal a month ISO. What are you going to do?

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    ODC will reply as most other funds would..."Our contracts are non negotiable". You are a 5-10 deal a month ISO. What are you going to do?
    I'm going to complain on Dailyfunder and change the world!

I don't really have a beef with ODC with that exception. Our deal flow ebbs and flows outside of the stuff we put on our books. Renewals "used" to be the franchise of this industry. Now it seems like they are something you have to fight for and watch your back. I feel sorry for the iso only shops that get screwed out of future revenue. It's hard enough as it is.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    I'm going to complain on Dailyfunder and change the world!

I don't really have a beef with ODC with that exception. Our deal flow ebbs and flows outside of the stuff we put on our books. Renewals "used" to be the franchise of this industry. Now it seems like they are something you have to fight for and watch your back. I feel sorry for the iso only shops that get screwed out of future revenue. It's hard enough as it is.
    Renewals are still, and will always be, the "bread and butter" of the MCA world. Seems today they are more profitable tot he funds themselves. If they can cut out the middle man and save another 5-10%? Hey, that might pay an admin salary or two...If they do it with 5 deals? 10? 25?

Member Reputation points: 33

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    OP would have more pull, if he were doing all 5-10 of his monthly deals with ODC.

I wonder, does anyone have an earlier contract from On Deck? I'm talking About 2007 or 2008, did they have this stipulation before? How different were the terms? I wouldn't be surprised at all if they started out by depending on guy's like OP (there are hundreds like him), but now that ODC has significant capital, they don't seem to pay much attention to those folks.