Has anyone tried getting business at trade shows?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Has anyone tried getting business at trade shows?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Wondering if anyone here has any experience being an exhibitor or having a booth at a trade show in order to get leads for cash advances? I've had pretty good success doing trade shows in different industry but never considered as an ISO/new funder. Feedback welcome.

-Alex

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSMF View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gents,

Wondering if anyone here has any experience being an exhibitor or having a booth at a trade show in order to get leads for cash advances? I've had pretty good success doing trade shows in different industry but never considered as an ISO/new funder. Feedback welcome.

-Alex
    I worked at a booth that an MCA funder had at a small business conference in the Javits Center years ago. We got a lot of leads out of it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

As long as you find the right show and, more importantly, the right people to work your booth - you can get some very good leads out of it. Other vendors could also turn into lead sources or referral partners as well.

Alex- it helps brand your name to the public. You will pick up relationships that otherwise you may not. There are a lot of trade shows to attend out there. The most common has been the credit card processing industry shows. As long as you aren't competing against that industry selling processing-

Veteran Reputation points: 135660 Chambo's Avatar

I got a couple clients at the Pittsburgh Regional Restaurant convention back in 2007. One of those guys stayed with me for 6 years. Got connected with a couple CFO's of multi chain restaurants too @ the National Restaurant Convention in Chicago too.

You get intros to merchants at trade shows that would never pay you any mind on any type of marketing you would present. MUCH, MUCH harder close though.

Had some interesting success at the Commercial Real Estate Convention in Vegas back in 2008. You get in touch with Management Company landlords, and they get you in with merchant who might be, let's say, struggling to keep up. Landlords love people who help their tenants pay the rent.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5034 AlexSMF's Avatar

Thanks guys, I may look into doing one.