who lends on vehicles
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 2782

who lends on vehicles

I saw a thread on here someone who leins on vehicles even if they are a start up. (Monthly deposits don't matter) can't find the thread anymore.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

World Business Lenders

Senior Member Reputation points: 113 MatthewAStucchio's Avatar

Our min amount of time in business is at least 3 months for our Business Line of Credit program but that is only allowed to be secured by Real estate. We will lend to vehicles if the business has been around for at least 6 months. VERY RARELY do we make exceptions on time in business on our base loan program without real estate unless it is a very unique and strong file. Any other info please PM or email. Thanks

Matthew A. Stucchio
    Associate
    World Business Lenders

Senior Member Reputation points: 2782

who lends on vehicles

not them chambo darn I wish I could find the thread

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

I often wonder about fine art lending, and how that might apply to things like collector vehicles. I wonder does Jay Leno have leverage against his collection? I know that here we are talking about trucks and backhoe loaders, but those who own fine art and collector cars are not exactly notoriously responsible, and I also know that art auctions in NYC can be leading indicators of hedge fund collapse. That said, I'm sure WBL is happy to loan against your Bobcat.

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    I often wonder about fine art lending, and how that might apply to things like collector vehicles. I wonder does Jay Leno have leverage against his collection? I know that here we are talking about trucks and backhoe loaders, but those who own fine art and collector cars are not exactly notoriously responsible, and I also know that art auctions in NYC can be leading indicators of hedge fund collapse. That said, I'm sure WBL is happy to loan against your Bobcat.
    www.borro.com if your interested

WBL has no affiliation

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    those who own fine art and collector cars are not exactly notoriously responsible
    I don't follow this line of reasoning. To be in a position to acquire such collections is not born of financial recklessness or irresponsibility, in most instances. There will always be edge cases, mostly new money, but the majority of well curated collections are undertaken by prudent and financially sound parties. That being said, there is liquidity in collectors' markets, which is to some extent what makes collecting desirable outside of aesthetic and intrinsic pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICApital1 View Post
    not them chambo darn I wish I could find the thread
    I am not 100% sure but you might want to take a look at www.springleaf.com - they might do vehicle title loans

PledgeCap does. Sranghelli@pledgecap.com. 516-570-9229 ext 211

No credit no income verifications we do a ton of classic cars and dealers. sranghelli@pledgecap.com. 516-570-9229 ext 211

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Metrix Capital Group loans on vehicles. Pretty nice program. Once approved you just send them the title of the vehicle. (714) 921-3299, talk to Jeff.

LoanMart Small Business Loans can lend against vehicles.
    http://dailyfunder.com/showthread.ph...business-loans

Please feel free to reach out - rwalk@loanmart.com / 818-465-7460

Thanks for the mention MatthewAStucchio.

We lend against Classic Cars, as well as other luxury collectibles like Fine Art. Happy to look at anything that comes up. One thing I'd add to FundGorilla's comment from what I have seeing working in this space for around 5 years is that most people that own and collect these items tend to just have more irregular incomes rather than actually being financially irresponsible, so the loans taken are typically to bridge those gaps. A lot of the customers we see who own Art or prestigious cars paid a fraction of their current value 5 or 10 years ago...