Selling Merchant Cash Advances - How hard is it?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Sean I have to say I agree with you on this.. No matter how many cold calls or mailers a business receives, until they take the time to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and explains a MCA honestly most business owners don't know what we offer.. Also even after they talk to someone I feel a lot of merchants still don't really understand this type of lending.. With so many sales offices trying different sales tactics in the end the merchants usually don't get the real story on how a MCA works until they agree to a deal and see a contract

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Sean I have to say I agree with you on this.. No matter how many cold calls or mailers a business receives, until they take the time to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and explains a MCA honestly most business owners don't know what we offer.. Also even after they talk to someone I feel a lot of merchants still don't really understand this type of lending.. With so many sales offices trying different sales tactics in the end the merchants usually don't get the real story on how a MCA works until they agree to a deal and see a contract
    Back when I was an underwriter, I remember a part of my job was fielding calls from merchants asking why their merchant account deposits were so small. I would tell them that their contracted percentage was being withheld and applied to their balance. It was amazing to see that some merchants didn't fully grasp the concept until they were actually a few weeks into it. You could explain the program frontwards, backwards and upside down but it wasn't until their deposits weren't matching up with their batches that they started paying attention.