The Green Sheet
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

View Poll Results: Do you still visit the Green Sheet forums regularly?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there is still a lot of good information there

1 8.33%
  • Yes, although it isn't as relevant to me as it once was

3 25.00%
  • No, I used to but no longer find it relevant to our business

5 41.67%
  • No, I never have

3 25.00%
  • Other

0 0%
    Senior Member Reputation points: 12452

The Green Sheet

I'm more curious than anything else so I thought I would post a poll. I used to go on The Green Sheet forums all the time as both a contributor and to hear industry experts opinions on what is going on in the credit card space. I just realized I probably haven't visited those forums in about 6-12 months. I feel like we are so far past being an ancillary product to the credit card industry and am a little in awe of how far we have come. I remember in the early days when there were certain ISO's, super-ISO's and even actual processors that snubbed their noses at our business, refusing to set up split funding let alone even marketing to their customers for financing. For those that embraced the movement a lot have been open minded enough to reap the benefits, becoming funders or brokers of MCA/business loans and I hope that they look back and see that they made a good business decision at that time. For those that sneered at me at trade shows, thought they were better than me, or even what I was doing was wrong based on "what they heard" I wish them well and will still smile and be polite as I did back then.

Quote Originally Posted by funding pro View Post
    I'm more curious than anything else so I thought I would post a poll. I used to go on The Green Sheet forums all the time as both a contributor and to hear industry experts opinions on what is going on in the credit card space. I just realized I probably haven't visited those forums in about 6-12 months. I feel like we are so far past being an ancillary product to the credit card industry and am a little in awe of how far we have come. I remember in the early days when there were certain ISO's, super-ISO's and even actual processors that snubbed their noses at our business, refusing to set up split funding let alone even marketing to their customers for financing. For those that embraced the movement a lot have been open minded enough to reap the benefits, becoming funders or brokers of MCA/business loans and I hope that they look back and see that they made a good business decision at that time. For those that sneered at me at trade shows, thought they were better than me, or even what I was doing was wrong based on "what they heard" I wish them well and will still smile and be polite as I did back then.
    The bankcard industry is still involved in marketing mcas and loans and split funding for mcas. It's just for many an ancillary vs primary product. There is still a perception by many that it's a last resort product.

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

I haven't been on there in a while either. I agree with you that "funding" had a really bad rep on that forum when MCA first started. Leasing a $130 CC machine to someone for 4 yrs at $100/mo was always OK, but funding companies were viewed as loan sharks. That changed after some of the larger processors started to partner with cash advance companies or got into the space themselves. It changed even more when the naysayers were losing their CC processing portfolios to companies that were also selling cash. Last time I flipped through a Green Sheet magazine, it was filled with ads for loans and MCA's. Once Durbin kicked in and CC processing revenues/margins were compressed, a lot of agents started selling other products to make additional revenue and to retain merchants. We've been exhibiting at the ETA and regional shows for a number of years now. Booth traffic is a lot more interested in the product now than it was 5 years ago.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

I love Credit Card Agents: Cresthill Capital offers a unique program for credit card ISO's/Agents.

Sign-up with Cresthill Capital "Double Digit" commissions, that's RIGHT!!

Cresthill specializes in funding B/C/D paper/construction/home based/logistics/trucking/insurance agencies/large balances/ ALL out of the box situation..if merchant has revenues we try to make an offer!!!!
    Fast underwriting with fewest stips commissions paid Tuesday and Thursday.

Sign Up Today!!! (Request an account executive, they will act like your employee on the crestill capital payroll helping you from Submission-to-offers-funding with extreme speed.

bizdev@cresthillcapital.com

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

seriously???? what does that have to do with this thread?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    seriously???? what does that have to do with this thread?
    Haha. At least the thread isn't from 2014.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

true guess there is a bright side even if it is really small
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

If you're also in the cc processing biz the Green Sheet forums are as helpful as these forums are for MCA/Business Loans simply because there is a wealth of experience/knowledge (especially technical) available from many of the GS forum members. Over the years I'd have to say you can ask just about any specific industry related question and get valid detailed answers.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    I love Credit Card Agents: Cresthill Capital offers a unique program for credit card ISO's/Agents.

Sign-up with Cresthill Capital "Double Digit" commissions, that's RIGHT!!

Cresthill specializes in funding B/C/D paper/construction/home based/logistics/trucking/insurance agencies/large balances/ ALL out of the box situation..if merchant has revenues we try to make an offer!!!!
    Fast underwriting with fewest stips commissions paid Tuesday and Thursday.

Sign Up Today!!! (Request an account executive, they will act like your employee on the crestill capital payroll helping you from Submission-to-offers-funding with extreme speed.

bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    Really dude?

The Green Sheet

MTY MSI,

What's up buddy? It's BER from GS. Good to see you over here.

Nowadays, I seem to get more value from these forums than GS. I've pretty much quot my processes and products set for our POS and payments. MCA, still quite a learning curve and still evolving in our processes.

Quote Originally Posted by jpos View Post
    MTY MSI,

What's up buddy? It's BER from GS. Good to see you over here.

Nowadays, I seem to get more value from these forums than GS. I've pretty much quot my processes and products set for our POS and payments. MCA, still quite a learning curve and still evolving in our processes.
    Hi Ber/jpos nice to see you hear as well. GS forums for the most part have been quiet of late. This forum has a wealth of info on direct funders from brokers using them. To the best of my knowledge until this forum there was never anywhere you could access the tremendous amount of first hand experience presented here.