On Deck Updates
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

i think multiple stacking will continue as longer terms are pushed by the larger funders who have capital structures to do so. if merchants get in a pinch and renewals force them to wait to get more cash, the merchant or the broker will seek out the small funders who dont mind doing stacking. the stackers have no desire to payoff large balances.

Member Reputation points: 20

Quote Originally Posted by MCAVeteran View Post
    i think multiple stacking will continue as longer terms are pushed by the larger funders who have capital structures to do so. if merchants get in a pinch and renewals force them to wait to get more cash, the merchant or the broker will seek out the small funders who dont mind doing stacking. the stackers have no desire to payoff large balances.
    As a funder, I believe in constant contact with the merchants.. I have had CSRs in touch with merchants at least once a month, friendly,sales types developing relationships with the merchant after funding. They are also our first line of collections.. following performance and seeing that the merchant is on pace. Letting the merchant know where he is at.. Those funders that have hard fast rules about additional money are those same funders that get stacked. I would rather keep a good merchant topped off than have him getting stacked at a 1.42 8 to 10 week deal.. Add Ons not Stacking will put Stacking to rest!

The funders have the power to limit Stacking.. Fund merchants that you feel will pay you back and keep them topped off.. You shouldn't be funding merchants that are so desperate for $$$ that they go right out and get stacked.