30 + Lenders Competing = More Closed Deals = Happy Merchants.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Member Reputation points: 23

Thanks Cardinal. No apologies necessary. Our goal is the ultimate satisfaction of the ISO's were servicing. We look forward to working with you.
    Sincerely, FundersCloud

jotucker1983
    Funders Cloud,

This is interesting, but I wonder how a system like this would support the continued growth of the industry as a whole?

- Why would 30 lenders be competing on a file seeing as though some merchants are good for certain lenders, and some aren't, based on the merchant's current profile, risk factors, etc.? Some merchants have profiles that are only fit for higher risk lenders, while some merchants are clean and are a fit for the A paper lenders. Why would all 30 lenders be competing on one file?

- What would the sales cycle be like in relation to the selection of the lender? Is it going to compete solely on price, similar to how one would be shopping for car insurance and get pre-qualified quotes from about 10 different carriers? The person would choose the carrier with the lowest quote. Why would we want to bring something like that to our industry at this stage in the game? It would promote the product as a commodity in its early stages, rather than selling the value of the product for the merchant in particular based on their current profile.

- Are the lenders who signed up for Funder's Cloud, okay with being directly shopped around like this? Shopping is involved with the process, as we know, but this is being promoted out of the gate to shop the deal to up to 30 lenders at one time. I couldn't imagine the lenders that I'm partnered with to ever approve of myself, or another broker, doing something like this.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 03-19-2015 at 10:16 PM.