Paying Back Commission on Cash Advance Default over 2 and 1/2 months after funding
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

Is it fair- NO. Does that Lender sound underhanded-Yes, very. Most important question- Did you sign a contract with a claw back? Ultimately, that is the bottom line. I'd personally never sign a 90 day claw back....or even a 30 day.

Either way, you should talk to the Lender; don't burn bridges....see if they can cut it by 75%(or at least 50%) since it was almost 3 months. After it is settled I'd ask if they can either get rid of the clawback or at least make it a 30 day(If you decide to work with them in the future).

I often see these posts and wonder how do you sign an agreement with a lender without truly understanding your representations and theirs. Especially items related to the paying or clawing back of commissions. Read the agreement, Discuss it with the lender if you are unhappy or if the terms are not what is denoted in the agreement. You have 2 choices hire and attorney or move on. If this is a Lender you do "real" business with re a few deals a month I am sure they will work with you.