Stack Loans
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 325 Ryan Shiroky's Avatar

I have seen a lot of funders stop filing UCC altogether (more of the little guys) simply because other funders stalk out their UCC filings to call the other guys book... It is a part of the competitive nature of this business, so I see the advantage to NOT filing, but on the flip side of that coin, your increasing your risk by not tucking them in the blanket...

Senior Member Reputation points: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Shiroky View Post
    I have seen a lot of funders stop filing UCC altogether (more of the little guys) simply because other funders stalk out their UCC filings to call the other guys book... It is a part of the competitive nature of this business, so I see the advantage to NOT filing, but on the flip side of that coin, your increasing your risk by not tucking them in the blanket...
    Filing a UCC is kinda like a double edged sword. I agree with you Ryan. But the question at that point is, Do you want to risk losing the merchant by filing a UCC or would you prefer the merchant stacks on top of your loan and risk a default? Personally, I would prefer to lose the merchant and have my advance paid off early from the payoff on the new advance they're getting