Avg broker commission a month
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Reputation points: 10

there are many reps making 30k+ a month in the industry. some are making 100k+
    i would say if you are not making 20k a month in cash advance and have been doing it for more than a year and a half, you are doing something wrong and this is simply not for you. thoughts?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Absolutely possible! we pay reps 15-25K from 1 funding deal alone.

Now keep in mind: Send ALL your high risk files to us, we have programs that you can see your commissions 3 times within a 12 month period.

Sign-up Today!
    bizdev@cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

$30K-100K per MONTH??

What kind of crack are you smoking?

Member Reputation points: 686 CannonCap's Avatar

Whatever your smoking please pass it along!

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

I know some good sales guys that have been at it many years that make 8-10k a month. Yes there are some places that exist where guys are making 30k+ a month. It's definitely not average though and I only see that here in the city.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39760

I'd honestly like to hear more from those guys cracking 30k+ a month... who are you? how long have you been doing this? and what does a typical day look like?

Being 60 days into this industry, and planning to stick around for the long term - I'd like to pick those high earning brains... because THAT's what I came for!

I made 16k on one deal last month and about to gross 33k this month. All in my underwear over my laptop with very little over head. thats on just 4 deals. Average deal 90k. Definitely possible to do 100k+ month. Bigger deals get bigger commissions. Whoever is saying you can't should find a different industry. I heard UPS is hiring. Lol !!

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Achfund View Post
    i would say if you are not making 20k a month in cash advance and have been doing it for more than a year and a half, you are doing something wrong and this is simply not for you. thoughts?
    There is a difference if you are working from home by yourself and making the full commission on a deal, compared to being a sales rep for a company.. So I guess my question for ACHFUND is are you talking about someone who owns a company working by themselves or a salesrep working for a company. If you think the average sales rep in this space is making 30k per month or better on average then then the crack you smoke must be good. There is a lot of money to be made as a sales rep but the numbers you are throwing around are just not feasible...
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

30k a month as a rep is easy. Guaranteed that a lot of guys out there get the approvals but are not talented enough to close the deal. Instead of going back to an underwriter who approved a 40k advance 1.39/6 mo's and saying "the merchant needs 150k 1.30/12 month" pick up a sales book or pass the approval on to an experienced broker and split the comm. with them. In the end of the day most merchants will take the approval given if sold correctly. It's all abt who's a better salesman. I've been doing this for 7 years now. There are owners of shops making 800k+ a month NET. There are reps that I speak to all the time and have seen some of their comm. reports who are making 30,40,50k a month consistently. Eventually your renewal book becomes half your business and it's free money. Let's say avg comm 8 pts funded and let's go even further and say you split that 50/50 with the house and you split your psf with the house 50/50 with an avg 5% psf. All you need to find is 300k a month to make 20k in your pocket (40k gross) if you're not making 20k a month and have been here for 18 months, pack your bags b/c those deals will eventually get closed by the talented brokers. A lot of ppl can become good if they take the time but if you're comfortable making 5-10k a month selling cash advance then you suck

30k a month as a rep is easy. Guaranteed that a lot of guys out there get the approvals but are not talented enough to close the deal. Instead of going back to an underwriter who approved a 40k advance 1.39/6 mo's and saying "the merchant needs 150k 1.30/12 month" pick up a sales book or pass the approval on to an experienced broker and split the comm. with them. In the end of the day most merchants will take the approval given if sold correctly. It's all abt who's a better salesman. I've been doing this for 7 years now. There are owners of shops making 800k+ a month NET. There are reps that I speak to all the time and have seen some of their comm. reports who are making 30,40,50k a month consistently. Eventually your renewal book becomes half your business and it's free money. Let's say avg comm 8 pts funded and let's go even further and say you split that 50/50 with the house and you split your psf with the house 50/50 with an avg 5% psf. All you need to find is 300k a month to make 20k in your pocket (40k gross) if you're not making 20k a month and have been here for 18 months, pack your bags b/c those deals will eventually get closed by the talented brokers. A lot of ppl can become good if they take the time but if you're comfortable making 5-10k a month selling cash advance then you suck
    I will go back to my original point and say the crack you smoke must be good.. How can a shop afford to pay 50% of all commission if they are paying for quality leads.. I dont care how much you are funding the math dont work. Cost of leads rent and all other over head is too much especially for the New York based shops to afford to pay what you are saying.. You are completely off base here. Numbers just dont work
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

If you're of any talent and work w a larger shop, a 60/40 house favored split is not hard. If you have negotiating skills as well you make a deal that if you hit x amt funded dollars (i.e 250k+) a month you get 50/50 and to have what to lose if you do under x amt (125g) you get 70/30 house favor. A good (not great) rep around for 1.5 years should be doing EASY 500k a month. A better rep is doing 1m and the top earners as reps are doing 2m a month.

I am doing this going on seven years in this industry working in a pretty big ISO and knowing people in most of the big ISO's in the industry... The numbers you are throwing around are just not real, they dont work.. I am not sure what industry you work in but it is not the same as the one I work in. There is only so much money in commission and with the splits you are talking about a company could not keep the lights on..
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I will go back to my original point and say the crack you smoke must be good.. How can a shop afford to pay 50% of all commission if they are paying for quality leads.. I dont care how much you are funding the math dont work. Cost of leads rent and all other over head is too much especially for the New York based shops to afford to pay what you are saying.. You are completely off base here. Numbers just dont work
    the $800K GUY (not plural) is an anomaly and receives his income from multiple sources (including hella big syndication book). But it is true that at a couple of the top shops out there, $20K NET a month is the support level.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    the $800K GUY (not plural) is an anomaly and receives his income from multiple sources (including hella big syndication book). But it is true that at a couple of the top shops out there, $20K NET a month is the support level.
    I completely agree 15k-25k is absolutely doable for a top sales guy at a good company, those are real numbers.. That said that is not the norm. But talking about 80k a month for a sales rep without a tremendous syndication book, it is just not possible...
    Last edited by J.Celifarco; 02-06-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

Avg broker commission is probably $300 per month, keyword "AVERAGE"

Curious, are we talking about reps who are calling (or receiving from house) their own leads, chasing the paper, closing the deal, and getting all the docs back to lender? Or a rep who's handling the call, closing the deal, and has some staff to help with paperwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Curious, are we talking about reps who are calling (or receiving from house) their own leads, chasing the paper, closing the deal, and getting all the docs back to lender? Or a rep who's handling the call, closing the deal, and has some staff to help with paperwork?

Lol john what are you arguing abt? Chambo who is a veteran is agreeing that 20k net is the norm in top shops for avg brokers, that's what I said. Now top guys at those shops are making 20-50k a month. The owners of those firms are making 500-800k a month. And the world keeps spinning.

If you're of any talent and work w a larger shop, a 60/40 house favored split is not hard. If you have negotiating skills as well you make a deal that if you hit x amt funded dollars (i.e 250k+) a month you get 50/50 and to have what to lose if you do under x amt (125g) you get 70/30 house favor. A good (not great) rep around for 1.5 years should be doing EASY 500k a month. A better rep is doing 1m and the top earners as reps are doing 2m a month.
    I'm fairly new to MCA but worked in the mortgage industry previously, all phone sales. What types of leads are these top guys working?

Noob Reputation points: 12

A year in a half? At least making $10,000 a month.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Clark View Post
    A year in a half? At least making $10,000 a month.
    You have to realize that some people out there are paid on a salary and get a tiny piece of commission as an incentive. Plenty of reps out there are only making 20-60k a year.
    Last edited by Sean Cash; 02-06-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Noob Reputation points: 12

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    You have to realize that some people out there are paid on a salary and get a tiny piece of commission as an incentive. Plenty of reps out there are only making 20-60k a year.
    I agree! Competitions is very high!
    "Small business owners looking for working capital, loans or merchant cash
    advance?" We are bad credit friendly! www.comcapcredit.website

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

I feel like this post was made for people to try and brag about how much they make. What is the point of this thread? Lets get back to business

Senior Member Reputation points: 1393

My highest comm. in one month was $25K off of one deal. But now after taking a break for a few months, I can't get anything that because it's all stacked. What are the other independent brokers out there doing to generate and source leads that can produce that much commission? ACHFUND - what are the reps doing that you are seeing pull down that kind of take-home?

hahahahahaha