To much complaining on here!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Member Reputation points: 256

Hey guys!
    I discovered this site a few months ago, and from time to time I get in to these trips where I get all addicted and then go MIA for a while... I'm now in my obsessed trip and while reading different posts I fell on this one. I've never actually posted on DF before cuz in my eyes I'm just a little girl among a bunch of machers, kinda on the opposite side of the spectrum of those who fund 100mil a year, but someone told me not to be shy and I decided that this would be the best place to start! I found this post super helpful and encouraging! Not to be corny but like a real funding community- old timers giving genuine advice to new comers. Although I'm a new comer I'm kinda old school in my work ethic, for example: I take low psfs, don't try and upsell to my max points if I think it's too much on the merchant ( even if he'd take it)... I would get a guy a second position or even maybe a third if I realllly realllly thought he could handle it...
    Anyways my point is that most of the peeps I know in this industry are the more aggressive guys who tell me to "stop being so emotional and concerned with building relationships... Just fund fund fund" yet I can't change my ways.. And trust me I dream of funding (literally).
    What I'm trying to say is that this thread was a proof for me that I am on the right path, might take me longer then other to really get to the level is like to be at but I can see that you guys made it with the same attitude, and that's inspiring!

If I could also take advantage of the vent/ constructive criticism space that the site also offers I would start off by saying pleaseeeeeee train your reps to be more polite when calling merchants who aren't interested. I spend my day calling UCC leads and the stories I hear from secretaries and merchants alike are a joke. No need to burn the lead for every future broker calling just cuz you weren't lucky enough to catch the guy at the time he was looking for funding. Numerous times have merchants told me they weren't interested and once I really got talking turns out he is but just has such a bad taste in his mouth that he thinks we are all the same and so he won't admit he's looking for funds. Plus besides for being rude I really don't think it's necessary to be calling the same merchant EVERY DAY again and again. I'm all about being persistent but again please no need to over kill.

Thanks for giving me place to share my 2 cents.... Anyone who has any type of advice to offer I'm all ears (especially along the lines of leads)!

Happy funding y'all
    Last edited by lovetofund; 10-16-2019 at 01:49 PM.