A New Stacking Record?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 159120 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUSIONCAPITAL View Post
    Anonymous,

That has be a simple typo and switch of the factor from a 1.47 to 1.74...maybe a new admin with dyslexia??? lol

Plus knowing that lender its most definitely a 1.47.
    does that really make it better when we are talking about a 12th position
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12th. It's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GRP Funding View Post
    2nd, 3rd, 4th, 12th. It's all the same.
    Brian, I usually agree with everything you say on the forums but here I don't think I can agree that there is no difference between a second and a 12th. A merchant taking a second can either be in a bad position and need a little more money or might not know that taking a second loan breaches their first contract.. At 12 positions they don't care and neither does the broker facilitating the loan.
    I don't agree with stacking and I think my posts on here can confirm that, but that said there is a huge difference in the mentality with a merchant taking a second compared to taking a 12th
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Brian, I usually agree with everything you say on the forums but here I don't think I can agree that there is no difference between a second and a 12th. A merchant taking a second can either be in a bad position and need a little more money or might not know that taking a second loan breaches their first contract.. At 12 positions they don't care and neither does the broker facilitating the loan.
    I don't agree with stacking and I think my posts on here can confirm that, but that said there is a huge difference in the mentality with a merchant taking a second compared to taking a 12th
    I agree from the merchant's point of view. The first stack could just be them in desperation mode like you said, or getting talked into it by a salesperson and not knowing any better. But from the funding side or sales side, I still don't think there is a difference. A breach is a breach whether you're selling it or facilitating it for the 2nd time or the 12th time.

I agree from the merchant's point of view. The first stack could just be them in desperation mode like you said, or getting talked into it by a salesperson and not knowing any better. But from the funding side or sales side, I still don't think there is a difference. A breach is a breach whether you're selling it or facilitating it for the 2nd time or the 12th time.
    fair, OK I concede on that. From the banks side there is no difference when it comes to breaching of the 1st positions contract
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

The issue is, all these stackers don't care. They are just looking for quick revenue. Heck, there are a handful of brokers out there who fund with these companies & then turn around to a stacker for 2nd position.

Why should they care, when you think about it? What are YOU going to do about it? Sue them? Until the first position guys start taking a truly tough stance on these, these smaller companies will just keep doing what they are doing

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Until the first position guys start taking a truly tough stance on these, these smaller companies will just keep doing what they are doing
    I Concur. If you think about it, who is the one first position funder that absolutely no one will hop? Happy Rock.

Why? Because they don't just say they'll sue, they actually do sue. Everyone knows this, and NO ONE hops!
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    What are YOU going to do about it? Sue them? Until the first position guys start taking a truly tough stance on these, these smaller companies will just keep doing what they are doing
    There are several open stacking lawsuits pending now. All different funders vs. other funders. I know everybody wants proof of them, but I'm not going to share it. They are real though. Something to be mindful of if you stack. Your turn might come up.

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    There are several open stacking lawsuits pending now. All different funders vs. other funders. I know everybody wants proof of them, but I'm not going to share it. They are real though. Something to be mindful of if you stack. Your turn might come up.
    If thats the case then what it comes down to is how long it will take these cases to make there way through the courts.. Whatever the verdict is in these cases will probably be what decides the direction the industry goes with regards to stacking
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

J.

The context of my post was a sarcastic remark on the typo, not the obvious perils of 12th position deals. But no it doesn't make matters any better.