I believe if a broker- meaning, an individual who works alone and focuses primarily on getting leads and sales should work with a more established ISO- independent sales office or officer. Why? I would much rather work together and combine knowledge to get something done. I return, you produce more-fund more- and it's easier and a lot less stressful than buying leads, calling, following up, getting stips, placement, getting more stips, closing, funding, following up... If you find a good mentor, stick with them.

Now, for the brokers who act like direct- yes, it is a tactic that most use to make the merchant feel comfortable. MOST People don't like "brokers" because they don't understand what your actually job is and acting like a direct lender and then they find out that your lying doesn't help any when they find out. You don't know how many files I rescue by telling the truth.

There are more brokers than lenders in this... So why lie about it and just embrace it? You actually have the ability to say that you can qualify their financials so they don't have to get confused when they Google "I need a business loan" or when you slam that UCC list with your "scripts". Your goal is to be that merchants "go to" for years to come- not be snatched away because you can't do your job.

Think about it.