Cold call rebuttals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Thanks for the responses. Zonefund I was thinking abortion or religion instead of politics (lol).

My question was towards the beginning of the conversation - call, get your prospect, do your intro, say something industry, location, whatever specific, and your first response is a no, negative, whatever. IMO if you know your product(s), generals of the target client, and current environment you should be able to address more detailed questions if a prospect has expressed interest so personally that's not where I get stuck.

I'll use something generic as an example that applies to most businesses - overall, lending/funding has tightened over the last year.

Like "blah blah blah, we specialize in funding the transportation industry. Banks and other lenders have pulled back recently but our network of funders are still going strong supporting trucking and transportation. What projects are on the horizon where additional capital would help your business move to the next level?"

I've noticed closed ended ends up with a no, and open ended ends up with a stilted and circular no. That's expected, but what additional probing questions have you all used to keep the conversation flowing? At least long enough to get to a 2-3 nos.

I'm sure my rebuttal could be "If Jesus had a logistics company, what would he do?" but I'm thinking there's something more in line with the conversation.

I'm just using transportation as an example, but could be anything.
    Last edited by Incbiz440; 07-22-2024 at 10:04 PM.