Does anyone handle construction Term Loans?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Does anyone handle construction Term Loans?

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a construction deal with a merchant consistently generating about $700K a month. He is seeking a $300K term loan. The only collateral he has is his primary residence, valued at approximately $1.1M. Additionally, he has about $3.1M in receivables currently under contract. If anyone can assist with this type of financing, it would be greatly appreciated

Senior Member Reputation points: 228535

"Receivables" or "Under contract"? Meaning, does someone owe him money for work done, or does he need capital to get the job started? Two very different things. Ignore what the client thinks he wants, there's actually way better products out there for this than a classic term loan in this instance. Easy to sell, just have to pitch it to the merchant. I love these types of deals.

What state is the property, what is the amount owed via the currant mortgage, and est credit score?

I'm working with a mortgage company who does 15 - 30 yr terms, true apr etc etc

Thank you for the response. To answer your question, the $3.1M is currently under contract which he is collecting on.

Property is in TX and he owes about 600k. Credit score is above 720+

Quote Originally Posted by davedamoneyman View Post
    Thank you for the response. To answer your question, the $3.1M is currently under contract which he is collecting on.
    He did $3.1mm of work and he didn't collect on any of it? He clearly needs a construction factor here, but it's hard to imagine that he completed $3.1mm of work and didn't collect a good portion of it already. Reach out, I'd love to help here.

Senior Member Reputation points: 340558

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    He did $3.1mm of work and he didn't collect on any of it? He clearly needs a construction factor here, but it's hard to imagine that he completed $3.1mm of work and didn't collect a good portion of it already. Reach out, I'd love to help here.
    Need to look at the AR Aging because something does not make sense. The prospect is billing $700K/month and has $3Mil of AR outstanding. A bunch of that AR must be over 90 days and likely ineligible.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

We can stop speculating, the AR is from private home builders. It's all private and none of it is factorable. He's a general contractor for luxury home building. He does a lot of homes at once and he gets paid in chunks. I appreciate the call OP.

Senior Member Reputation points: 78889 Olderguy's Avatar

Just FYI...any factoring A/R that is over 90 days goes back to the merchant to collect.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.