State of The Industry
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

State of The Industry

Whats up everyone,

My team is currently handling over 25 fresh applications daily. Compared to the past few years, we're seeing some significant changes in the industry.

It's almost impossible to get funding for first-time applicants unless their files are spotless.
    Funding for trucking is nearly nonexistent, construction financing is very limited, there are more restrictions based on state locations, many default files, and trust issues with backdoor dealings are on the rise.

Just last year, about half of these applications would have received offers.

What's your perspective on the current state of the industry and the direction it's heading?

Running into similar issues .

Senior Member Reputation points: 78887 Olderguy's Avatar

The beginning of the end of the MCA business....same thing happened to the mortgage industry in 2008. Diversify or die. It had to be regulated, as should the MCA business.

Credit is tightening up all over....my SBA lenders are backing off deals they would have funded 6 months ago.
    Last edited by Olderguy; 07-11-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 6957 ESE5020's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphecyofMCA View Post
    Whats up everyone,

My team is currently handling over 25 fresh applications daily. Compared to the past few years, we're seeing some significant changes in the industry.

It's almost impossible to get funding for first-time applicants unless their files are spotless.
    Funding for trucking is nearly nonexistent, construction financing is very limited, there are more restrictions based on state locations, many default files, and trust issues with backdoor dealings are on the rise.

What's your perspective on the current state of the industry and the direction it's heading?
    We have also discontinued funding in certain states; however, in the states that we do fund (which is still most), we continue to provide funding for trucking and construction. While we cannot predict whether our offers will meet the specific needs of your clients without evaluating each case individually, we do offer funding for trucking businesses with as few as one truck in the fleet and for construction businesses with as little as one deposit per month. Our funding decisions are based exclusively on revenue and verifiable recurring receivables, and we do not conduct credit or background checks
    East Shore Equities, LLC
    Tel: (516) 784-4298 | Fax: (516) 231-5590
    www.EastShoreEquities.com

I feel your pain.

The quality of submissions as a whole have gone down tremendously (speaking to my brokers, its happening no matter how they adjust their marketing).

We try to put out good offers on the halfway decent files, but some newer funders are hungry and are willing to put the merchant out of business with terms that severely impede their gross (but they dont care)

Im proud to say we do whats right by the merchant 1st and foremost, always.

We are still funding Transportation/Trucking with at least 3 vehicles on the road, and we fund construction of all facets.

Lastly, with our reputation, we proudly have never backdoored a deal. Only MCA scum backdoor deals (same people give mca industry a bad name, like some used car sales lots)

Hopefully something changes. I know some people hate change but its inevitable. Just like the mortgage industry, they needed some sort of regulation. I prefer if it wouldnt, but i know we will do just fine since we always do things the right way...
    TMRNOW | A Total Merchant Resources Company
    Ariel Avalos – Iso Relations Manager
    377 Hoes Lane, Suite 240, Piscataway, NJ 08854
    Phone: 347-814-6152 | Email: Ariel@tmrnow.com | Web: www.tmrnow.com

Too much fraud going on with brokers falsely promising large credit lines in return for taking 25-50k deals at 50% interest, 10% fee and 10 day term to "establish pay history" and then ghost the merchant. Merchants need to report every broker that does this to the feds to teach them a lesson.
    Office: 718-313-3240
    Email: info@thorcapitalgroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 118256 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorCapitalGroup View Post
    Too much fraud going on with brokers falsely promising large credit lines in return for taking 25-50k deals at 50% interest, 10% fee and 10 day term to "establish pay history" and then ghost the merchant. Merchants need to report every broker that does this to the feds to teach them a lesson.
    This has been going on since day one, it's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by ESE5020 View Post
    We have also discontinued funding in certain states; however, in the states that we do fund (which is still most), we continue to provide funding for trucking and construction. While we cannot predict whether our offers will meet the specific needs of your clients without evaluating each case individually, we do offer funding for trucking businesses with as few as one truck in the fleet and for construction businesses with as little as one deposit per month. Our funding decisions are based exclusively on revenue and verifiable recurring receivables, and we do not conduct credit or background checks
    Can you say which states you DON'T fund?

Thanks

Member Reputation points: 10

Hello,

I understand your frustration with not being able to get funding for your clients in trucking, construction, and first positions. This is something I can definitely help all brokers with. We fund multiple first positions each week, regardless of the state. We handle trucking and construction files frequently and strive to secure the approvals our clients are seeking, and we succeed. We also fund prior defaults because we believe in second chances and understand how it feels to be caught in a bad deal. While the industry might be experiencing challenges right now, we are here for the long run and are committed to getting clients the funding they need. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day and weekend. Happy funding!

Best Regards,

Sam Roth| Managing Partner

Email: Subs@Electrafunding.com

Phone: 516-757-8601
    Last edited by Sam@electrafunding; 07-12-2024 at 12:14 PM.

It only takes about 30 minutes for every single thread to become a promotion zone for every funder....

Some people are actually posting to get honest opinions from others in the industry, not to get inundated with every funder and their mother promoting how great they are and how you need to send them deals...

Senior Member Reputation points: 6957 ESE5020's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SKITTLES View Post
    Can you say which states you DON'T fund?

Thanks
    California, Connecticut, Utah, New York, and Virginia.
    East Shore Equities, LLC
    Tel: (516) 784-4298 | Fax: (516) 231-5590
    www.EastShoreEquities.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 3325

What are your guys reasoning?
    Because of state regulations ?

Member Reputation points: 1400

Beginning of 2026 will bring a market crash

Trucking is pretty bad but its been that way the last couple of years its just now worse than before, top lenders keep increasing their credit facilities though. So I guess they are either asleep at the wheel or project to 'buy' the dip by being active for big qualified deals that banks are now shying away from more than before because its pretty bleak

That being said, spotless top tier files are getting ridiculous offers and taking them right now. Sharks not minnows is the name of the game atm in my opinion, obviously getting those files aren't easy and they are expensive from a buying leads type of view. Definitely the move of the industry right now as far as anything trending upwards, curious what anyone else thinks on that

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphecyofMCA View Post
    Whats up everyone,

Since the beginning of this industry, people have thought it was short-lived and that regulation would put an end to it. However, they were sadly mistaken, as it is now roaring bigger than ever. People are taking money at the fastest pace I have ever seen in my 7 years in this business.

Although there are bad apples that make it harder for the legitimate brokers who are trying to support their families, as they believe there are traditional products available from these dishonest individuals. The MCA industry will never end, so sorry to those who believe otherwise.

That's not even close to being true. There will never be a crash, you blooming moron. People will always take this easy cash, and broker shops are funding more than ever. You hope for a crash because you want to make an excuse for not making any money.

And that is why no one funds with your company. If you don’t fund those states, you will not be funding much.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33945

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogFinancing View Post
    That's not even close to being true. There will never be a crash, you blooming moron. People will always take this easy cash, and broker shops are funding more than ever. You hope for a crash because you want to make an excuse for not making any money.
    Whats your shops name?

Quote Originally Posted by diditevenfund View Post
    Whats your shops name?
    What does it matter moron?

I can tell you one thing: my shop is not concerned about the state of the industry. We’re funding a ridiculous amount of units and not wasting time worrying about something that will never occur.
    Last edited by BigDogFinancing; Yesterday at 05:30 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 33945

What does it matter moron?
    Awe, someone is afraid to show their trash website and lack of social proof. Get back on your dialer and sub those D paper files son.

You do know a market crash wouldn't end MCAs right? Pretty sure people still did MCAs after 2008...