How much do you pay on average per lead?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

How much do you pay on average per lead?

Looking into a few new lead companies and i've found stuff ranging anywhere from .10¢ to 4$ a number.

Do you find that you have better contact rates and better quality calls with the more expensive stuff?

Senior Member Reputation points: 33834

The thing to focus on is what you are doing with the lead. Are you cold calling it? Spam texting? Using in targeting for real time leads? Thats where your cost will be. Your success will be dictated on what you do with them, your nurturing campaigns, and business reputation online when merchants start looking you up before submitting.
    Last edited by diditevenfund; 06-25-2024 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diditevenfund View Post
    The thing to focus on is what you are doing with the lead. Are you cold calling it? Spam texting? Using in targeting for real time leads? Thats where your cost will be. Your success will be dictated on what you do with them, your nurturing campaigns, and business reputation online when merchants start looking you up before submitting.
    Usually just stick to cold calling

Senior Member Reputation points: 16113

Yes, true, the cost of sms blasting, email blasting, ad targeting, ad retargeting, calling is astronomical. Nobody talks about that.

Yeah out of curiosity I looked at Keap today. I used it in the past for a company I was doing the marketing for. I couldnt believe it. I had no idea. The pricing starts at $250 a month and it only lets you have 1500 contacts. If you wanted to upload in 100,000 contacts you're looking at over $1000 a month. Its insane. $250 gets you nothing.

Senior Member Reputation points: 13711

beyond acquiring the data you have costs to send and risks associated with that sending.

Like SMS sending fees, with cheap data are you sending more messages for less response, if you're paying per message sent, and you're sending 3x the messages that added sending costs is part of your overall costs.

Quality Data

Low Quality Data
    SMS Sent 10000 10000
    Cost/SMS $ 0.03 $ 0.03
    SMS Costs $ 300.00 $ 300.00
    Response Rate 3% 1%
    # of Responses 300 100
    Cost/Response $ 1.00 $ 3.00

Same goes for email marketing where you're paying a CPM for each 1000 emails sent, if your data has a 3% open rate VS higher priced data with a 10%+ open rate it'll take 3+X to equal, so you're spending 3X more than you should.

Then there's the hidden costs. Your sending reputation for one. Your SMS provider is measuring your sends, how many people open, how many respond and they use it to measure the quality of what you send, low open, high unsubscribes can mean more filtering where your SMS messages dont get delivered but you still pay the delivery fee. Ever have a SMS company work really good then it didnt? Low quality data did it.

Same goes for email, the ISPs see people dont interact with your content they will move more of it to the spam and junk folders. This hidden cost is the most expensive because most people never realize it.

If you're building a brand the next one is another concern, where did the data come from? Are you going to call or text the data and end up with an ambulance chasing lawyer screaming you violated the TCPA and they want $500 to go away? Add that to the cost.

This is why when you're evaluating data you should keep these other factors in mind. Cheap is sometimes more expensive in the end.
    Pop Brands, inc. fka Popcrumbs
    www.popbrands.io

Transparent and trustworthy lead generation company in the MCA space since 2015
    MCA leads from www.lndrscompete.com
    We spend $1,000's a day on Meta, Google, X, TikTok and others to generate qualified prospects for you!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron4235 View Post
    Yeah out of curiosity I looked at Keap today. I used it in the past for a company I was doing the marketing for. I couldnt believe it. I had no idea. The pricing starts at $250 a month and it only lets you have 1500 contacts. If you wanted to upload in 100,000 contacts you're looking at over $1000 a month. Its insane. $250 gets you nothing.
    If your looking for a CRM similar to Keap, check out MCA Simplified. No contact storage limit. Have thousands of contacts stored at no extra cost. All nurturing campaigns are already prebuilt.

Reach out with any questions

MCA Simplified
    MCAsimplified.com
    Sales@MCAsimplified.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 33834

Get a strong Salesforce or Zoho partner and build your own CRM.