How do you manage PSFs when one funder pays points and another doesn't?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    Why would you mention an PSF if you don't have an offer with specific commission? I'd only bring it up if the loan product doesn't pay me other than a small referral fee and I tell that to the client....I then tell them I'm sending a fee agreement and to send it back signed with a voided check along with a signed approval offer.
    This was my question - so your approach is get an approval, then circle back if you feel its needed (funder doesn't pay, or pays a minimal amount). Thanks for sharing that. Do you give them a heads up that they may be on the hook for a PSF, or present that with the approval and say either you pay me or I don't share the approval? Seems like there would be potential to spend time getting to an approval, and then have a client decline to sign. OK, they don't get the loan, but you also wasted your time.

No judgement on your approach, just curious how others are approaching it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 78887 Olderguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Incbiz440 View Post
    This was my question - so your approach is get an approval, then circle back if you feel its needed (funder doesn't pay, or pays a minimal amount). Thanks for sharing that. Do you give them a heads up that they may be on the hook for a PSF, or present that with the approval and say either you pay me or I don't share the approval? Seems like there would be potential to spend time getting to an approval, and then have a client decline to sign. OK, they don't get the loan, but you also wasted your time.

No judgement on your approach, just curious how others are approaching it.
    I don't mention it unless a loan approval comes back with only a referral fee. Then I tell them "To get you the best loan for this type of scenario, the lender's program won't pay me a broker's fees of the usual 2%. Thus I am required to charge a separate PSF when the loan is funded".

I'll send you a separate fee agreement with the approval. Please sign both and return with a voided check and we'll get your file in processing.

I just funded a SBA loan for inventory and there was no broker fee allowed....had to do this.

Sample fee agreement:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rr2...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Olderguy; 07-13-2024 at 08:54 AM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    I don't mention it unless a loan approval comes back with only a referral fee. Then I tell them "To get you the best loan for this type of scenario, the lender's program won't pay me a broker's fees of the usual 2%. Thus I am required to charge a separate PSF when the loan is funded".

I'll send you a separate fee agreement with the approval. Please sign both and return with a voided check and we'll get your file in processing.

I just funded a SBA loan for inventory and there was no broker fee allowed....had to do this.

Sample fee agreement:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rr2...ew?usp=sharing
    That's a good way to position it. Thanks for the insight.