Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
I feel bad for Ontap here. When I have a deal that goes bad I prefer to send back the commission with an apology about giving them a bad deal instead of having it debited. Apparently that's pretty rare, which has led to some interesting conversations about how many of these one deal and done shops don't even honor a clawback. If I was Ontap I would not only wait until I recouped all the funds that I disbursed I would wait till i collected enough return to cover the commission, then I would send it. However by then it seems they will have already won in court and they can just keep it. This industry never ceases to amaze me.
One deal and done is not what we do, nor is it the service we provide. We actually build and maintain relationships with our clients, and walk them through the process/ don't disappear on them (especially if it's their first advance).

The "FUNDERS" actually call us first if there is a bounced payment and we call the Merchant immediately and stay on top of the situation, which is what they did with us. We actually did ONTAP a HUGE service getting a file back on track, so I don't understand your "feel bad" if the funder is actually getting paid thanks to the broker.

Because of this, we have not had any defaults under our record. So I don't know what your definition of "one deal and done" is but that does not describe us. Thank you.