Ontap capital - debate
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 31817

I feel bad for Ontap here. When I have a deal that goes bad I prefer to send back the commission with an apology about giving them a bad deal instead of having it debited. Apparently that's pretty rare, which has led to some interesting conversations about how many of these one deal and done shops don't even honor a clawback. If I was Ontap I would not only wait until I recouped all the funds that I disbursed I would wait till i collected enough return to cover the commission, then I would send it. However by then it seems they will have already won in court and they can just keep it. This industry never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    I feel bad for Ontap here. When I have a deal that goes bad I prefer to send back the commission with an apology about giving them a bad deal instead of having it debited. Apparently that's pretty rare, which has led to some interesting conversations about how many of these one deal and done shops don't even honor a clawback. If I was Ontap I would not only wait until I recouped all the funds that I disbursed I would wait till i collected enough return to cover the commission, then I would send it. However by then it seems they will have already won in court and they can just keep it. This industry never ceases to amaze me.
    One deal and done is not what we do, nor is it the service we provide. We actually build and maintain relationships with our clients, and walk them through the process/ don't disappear on them (especially if it's their first advance).

The "FUNDERS" actually call us first if there is a bounced payment and we call the Merchant immediately and stay on top of the situation, which is what they did with us. We actually did ONTAP a HUGE service getting a file back on track, so I don't understand your "feel bad" if the funder is actually getting paid thanks to the broker.

Because of this, we have not had any defaults under our record. So I don't know what your definition of "one deal and done" is but that does not describe us. Thank you.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118256 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEWCDAM View Post
    We actually did ONTAP a HUGE service getting a file back on track
    No, you did this to save your commission, let's be real here.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWCDAM View Post
    An emergency happened within the office, plus it was the 1st of the month.
    You seem to be in over your head. If you can't pay your rent, don't blame it on your last deal that you haven't been paid out on. Sounds like you're skating on thin ice, probably be better off going back to work for your last ISO or whatever you did previously. This industry clearly isn't for everyone. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    No, you did this to save your commission, let's be real here.

You seem to be in over your head. If you can't pay your rent, don't blame it on your last deal that you haven't been paid out on. Sounds like you're skating on thin ice, probably be better off going back to work for your last ISO or whatever you did previously. This industry clearly isn't for everyone. Best of luck!
    We have only been working with lenders who pay same day/ next day, and constantly have situations where the lender will call us for missed payments and we help them get back on track. We maintain relationships and make sure the clients we present and that represent us pay.

This is one of the few times we went outside of our relationships to get something done and wait for a check to come almost 15 days later. We confirmed up until the payday for a payment and there was no issue until the actual day/hour of payment which is the 1st, everything is due, and are budgeting for our expenses and what needs to be taken care of.

Again, we maintain relationships and make sure the clients we present and that represent us pay. Hence what made sure was taken care of with the client, and the client is continuing to pay as we speak. THAT is why there should not be a problem for us to get paid WITHIN A REASONABLE TIMEFRAME.

IT'S 30DAYS LATER and we're put on the backend of an 8month deal for NO REASON! WE are being penalized in a way that goes AGAINST our contract.
    Last edited by NEWCDAM; 06-14-2024 at 01:50 PM.