Ontap capital - debate - Page 4
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    People like you are literally the reason i don't take broker business. Like Jason said.

You don't take broker business because you cant get over on them? Im confused by that statement...

If a client bounced payments we would help you get paid up before your legal collections department would, so that's actually your loss I guess.

Senior Member Reputation points: 124096 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEWCDAM View Post
    Again, lol we maintain relationships and are actually working with some of the best lawyers in the US right now.

We always make sure the best lawyers to work with us. Thats the problem you think we cant or cant afford it so you break contracts to try to be in control and think somebody won’t come for you.

This is actually the wrong ISO to play with.

Just because Im on here doesn’t mean nothing is being done outside of here. lol
    If that is the case, your lawyer should have recommended you to not post anything on a public forum in regards to this as you could possibly set yourself up to be sued for possible defamation and slander.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    If that is the case, your lawyer should have recommended you to not post anything on a public forum in regards to this as you could possibly set yourself up to be sued for possible defamation and slander.
    Having a debated conversation about what is going on, in order to find out opinions of other brokers and lenders is not slander or defamation. This is in fact PUBLICITY which is notice or attention given to someone or something by the media, where they previously had none.

Slander is the utterance of FALSE charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation.

Defamation is the action of damaging the good reputation of someone.

If you feel he is right, then his reputation is not damaged.

We need to just start a Thread for vocabulary words at this point.

We've defined the true meaning of "DEFAULT, SLANDER, PUBLICITY, and DEFAMATION" already.

What new words will we come up with next?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBishop View Post
    You sound like you'd be a nightmare to deal with on any level. Plus the free email tag. You're clogging up the daily digest.
    Freddy.

This is exactly why there are rules and regulations.

You simply cannot make decisions based on pride, fear, and other emotions that have no basis, if there is already a contract in place.

Especially when the decisions you make can affect a livelihood and company.

You don't know what damage holding one's commission is actually doing on the other end, and the fact the funder doesn't care is called "negligence".

Senior Member Reputation points: 28316

This is exactly why there are rules and regulations.

You simply cannot make decisions based on pride, fear, and other emotions that have no basis, if there is already a contract in place.

Especially when the decisions you make can affect a livelihood and company.

You don't know what damage holding one's commission is actually doing on the other end, and the fact the funder doesn't care is called "negligence".
    With all due respect, how big even is this deal? Are you in that bad of a position you cant pay your rep out of pocket while you work on this? If you are working with no buffer, it might be time to hit up Indeed.com and assess what you are doing.

Senior Member Reputation points: 13183

Quote Originally Posted by diditevenfund View Post
    With all due respect, how big even is this deal? Are you in that bad of a position you cant pay your rep out of pocket while you work on this? If you are working with no buffer, it might be time to hit up Indeed.com and assess what you are doing.
    He must be pouring all his money into legal since he has some of the best lawyers in the US

Sounds like your not a big relationship guy. Keep your head up.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedmoreISOS View Post
    Sounds like your not a big relationship guy. Keep your head up.
    Not big on ABUSIVE relationships. I will NEVER use a funder who won't pay same day, next day, or POSSIBLY within the same week again.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84416

Not big on ABUSIVE relationships. I will NEVER use a funder who won't pay same day, next day, or POSSIBLY within the same week again.
    Good to know - I rep for a funder that pays on the 8th Day or next closest Thursday - If anyone asks, 8th day falls on Tuesday, the pay the coming Thursday.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Thats what I’m saying !

They do not have a valid reason to hold our commission and are intentionally attempting to make us suffer at this point, seemingly in retaliation against us posting in this thread. That is also another illegal offense, causing damage.

The amount being withheld is not an amount that would make, break, or destroy their funding business, that they can’t pay us today.

Had they paid us within the stipulations of out contract, this thread would’ve never existed.

Every action has a reaction, and people rarely enjoy taking ACCOUNTABILITY for their negative actions. But to make us wait 6 months to get paid and there’s no ACTIVE default is ARROGANT and CONTROLLING.

Our contract also said they needed to make sure they were at least repaid 10%, and our client has well exceeded that amount.

There’s no reason for ANY funder to withhold an ISO fee until a deal is fully paid, unless for the purpose of being greedy.

Hence the reasoning for the new CFDL regulations.

Thats what I’m saying !

They do not have a valid reason to hold our commission and are intentionally attempting to make us suffer at this point, seemingly in retaliation against us posting in this thread. That is also another illegal offense, causing damage.

The amount being withheld is not an amount that would make, break, or destroy their funding business, that they can’t pay us today.

Had they paid us within the stipulations of out contract, this thread would’ve never existed.

Every action has a reaction, and people rarely enjoy taking ACCOUNTABILITY for their negative actions. But to make us wait 6 months to get paid and there’s no ACTIVE default is ARROGANT and CONTROLLING.

Our contract also said they needed to make sure they were at least repaid 10%, and our client has well exceeded that amount.

There’s no reason for ANY funder to withhold an ISO fee until a deal is fully paid, unless for the purpose of being greedy.

Hence the reasoning for the new CFDL regulations.
    Look this space is not for everyone, if a (what I guarantee you) small amount of money sends you into a frenzy like this ,I would strongly advise not being an ISO. You should have money in reserves, and not be relying on one deal. Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but typically when people get this explosive they are under extreme financial distress and running a shop is not a good position for someone that cant absorb a commission. What would have happened if it did not fund, close up shop?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    He must be pouring all his money into legal since he has some of the best lawyers in the US
    And the contract states that the prevailing party is entitled to recover it.

And the contract states that the prevailing party is entitled to recover it.
    Firing off on a forum might hurt your case. Y

Look this space is not for everyone, if a (what I guarantee you) small amount of money sends you into a frenzy like this ,I would strongly advise not being an ISO. You should have money in reserves, and not be relying on one deal. Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but typically when people get this explosive they are under extreme financial distress and running a shop is not a good position for someone that cant absorb a commission. What would have happened if it did not fund, close up shop?
    It doesn’t matter if it did not fund because it did, and THAT is the ONLY point. Funders cannot keep GASLIGHTING our contracts as brokers. If we agree to a stipulation that is one thing, but to breach a contract is another. If we knew this would happen, we would have never done business with this funder. It CONSTANTLY happens because they feel brokers can’t or won’t do anything about it.

Firing off on a forum might hurt your case. Y
    EMOTIONAL DISTRESS will NEVER hurt a case.

EMOTIONAL DISTRESS will NEVER hurt a case.
    Going ballistic over a small commission will hurt your business and reputation tho. Imagine funders seeing all this and just saying forget it and terminating you.

Going ballistic over a small commission will hurt your business and reputation tho. Imagine funders seeing all this and just saying forget it and terminating you.
    Rather be terminated than to send our client to a funder who wants to waste our time because they can’t or don’t want to pay for our service.
    Last edited by NEWCDAM; 06-17-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Rather be terminated than to send our client to a funder who wants to waste our time because they can’t or don’t want to pay for our service.
    You need to screen and pick better partners and conduct yourself better (looks like primarily the later)

Post up the link how the suit goes after.

You need to screen and pick better partners and conduct yourself better (looks like primarily the later)

Post up the link how the suit goes after.
    There’s nothing wrong with freedom of speech, and I conducted myself accordingly.

Refusing to conform to allowing our contract to be breached when it comes to getting paid should NEVER be something that goes ignored or GASLIGHTED.

I did nothing to harm or destroy their company. Only DEMANDED that my company be paid before pursuing legal, and CHALLENGED the reasons it couldn’t or did not.

The act of making our company suffer for speaking out against our breach of contract is RETALIATION, and in my opinion, that seems to be the only explanation for not being paid by now.

This ALL could've been avoided.

The lesson of finding the right funding partner is well learned.
    Last edited by NEWCDAM; 06-17-2024 at 06:48 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39309

There’s nothing wrong with freedom of speech, and I conducted myself accordingly.

Refusing to conform to allowing our contract to be breached when it comes to getting paid should NEVER be something that goes ignored or GASLIGHTED.

I did nothing to harm or destroy their company. Only DEMANDED that my company be paid before pursuing legal, and CHALLENGED the reasons it couldn’t or did not.

The act of making our company suffer for speaking out against our breach of contract is RETALIATION, and in my opinion, that seems to be the only explanation for not being paid by now.

This ALL could've been avoided.

The lesson of finding the right funding partner is well learned.
    No one here blames them. You're a new iso. Your deal misses payments right when its funded. You know and i know you wouldn't of paid the clawback. You have nothings to lose. They have more to lose.

Seems these guys are legit funders tho so ty for the advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    You know and i know you wouldn't of paid the clawback.
    Clawback period is over now! There was never a need for clawback ANYWAY! At this point in time, Im entitled to receive the check that they are holding, default or not, as per the contract !

If they DONT want to carry out whats in the contract, then dont create a contract to bait and switch us in the FIRST place.

Regardless if they have something to lose or not, they understood their risk before they sent us an agreement.

If you need to gaslight FACTS to sleep better at night, by all means thats YOUR preference.

But Im not speaking on opinions, should've, would've, could've.

The FACT is its a small check to them, and a “legit funder” will abide by their clauses!

Most importantly, its the end of clawback period, They haven't lost anything, and they OWE us our commission !

Clawback period is over now! There was never a need for clawback ANYWAY! At this point in time, Im entitled to receive the check that they are holding, default or not, as per the contract !

If they DONT want to carry out whats in the contract, then dont create a contract to bait and switch us in the FIRST place.

Regardless if they have something to lose or not, they understood their risk before they sent us an agreement.

If you need to gaslight FACTS to sleep better at night, by all means thats YOUR preference.

But Im not speaking on opinions, should've, would've, could've.

The FACT is its a small check to them, and a “legit funder” will abide by their clauses!

Most importantly, its the end of clawback period, They haven't lost anything, and they OWE us our commission !
    Just sue then.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14752

lol I can't believe this is still going on. The squeaky wheel truly always gets the oil. I wonder if they'll just pay him because hes so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ View Post
    lol I can't believe this is still going on. The squeaky wheel truly always gets the oil. I wonder if they'll just pay him because hes so annoying
    I bet its over like $500 too lol