Centrex Software Security Incident
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 33945

Curious if it will be made available who was impacted (funders names etc). This would in theory be relevant to all brokers as we may have had our files accessed where we fund our deals. Curious to hear updates, this seems rather serious.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

I’ve worked with centrex for many years and never had any issues whatsoever. Target had a data breach and I still shop there. Experian had a data breach and I still use their services.

Every software has had **** happen — just chill out and keep funding.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I’ve worked with centrex for many years and never had any issues whatsoever. Target had a data breach and I still shop there. Experian had a data breach and I still use their services.

Every software has had **** happen — just chill out and keep funding.
    Thanks for telling us to "chill out" about being concerned our deals could have been accessed.

Think its normal for people to have more questions here.

Member Reputation points: 951

Quote Originally Posted by diditevenfund View Post
    Thanks for telling us to "chill out" about being concerned our deals could have been accessed.

Think its normal for people to have more questions here.
    There is probably a high likelihood that whoever perpetrated the hack has no idea what the value of the data is or where to sell it. Your best odds over here would be keep an eye out if you see this information surfacing as leads for sale.

If you feel like that's the case, you may consider sending out an email to your merchants notifying them about the breech and let them know to ignore all calls, emails etc.

This may be a bit tough as this is an industry that merchants already get a ton of calls and work with a ton of brokers...

Quote Originally Posted by zalman View Post
    There is probably a high likelihood that whoever perpetrated the hack has no idea what the value of the data is or where to sell it. Your best odds over here would be keep an eye out if you see this information surfacing as leads for sale.

If you feel like that's the case, you may consider sending out an email to your merchants notifying them about the breech and let them know to ignore all calls, emails etc.

This may be a bit tough as this is an industry that merchants already get a ton of calls and work with a ton of brokers...
    I agree with this.

Senior Member Reputation points: 19568

I think the risk is a lot worse than having your deals being sold as leads. The risk is that the "hacker" now has the ability to steal these merchant's identities, and possibly directly steal funds using the information they just accessed. I agree that people should look out for fraudulent leads and calls, but also keep an eye out for an increase in frozen accounts in the future as a result of fraud.

Of course we still don't know who the perpetrator is or their intentions. Hopefully we'll get more info soon. Also, some of you may not care because you're a broker and don't have long term financial relationships with these merchants, but some of us have millions tied up in these businesses and in the Centrex system. A merchant doesn't know who or what Centrex is, they just know that the funder they used got hacked and are the ones responsible for their stolen identity.

Member Reputation points: 951

Quote Originally Posted by mca2150 View Post
    I think the risk is a lot worse than having your deals being sold as leads. The risk is that the "hacker" now has the ability to steal these merchant's identities, and possibly directly steal funds using the information they just accessed. I agree that people should look out for fraudulent leads and calls, but also keep an eye out for an increase in frozen accounts in the future as a result of fraud.

Of course we still don't know who the perpetrator is or their intentions. Hopefully we'll get more info soon. Also, some of you may not care because you're a broker and don't have long term financial relationships with these merchants, but some of us have millions tied up in these businesses and in the Centrex system. A merchant doesn't know who or what Centrex is, they just know that the funder they used got hacked and are the ones responsible for their stolen identity.
    Would it make sense to get ahead of it and send an email out to your merchants notifying them of the breach. I'm not a legal expert but there is a fair chance that there is a legal requirement to notify people if their data has been breached.

https://www.ncsl.org/technology-and-...0is%20breached.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 10.01.48 AM.png

Would it make sense to get ahead of it and send an email out to your merchants notifying them of the breach. I'm not a legal expert but there is a fair chance that there is a legal requirement to notify people if their data has been breached.

https://www.ncsl.org/technology-and-...0is%20breached.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 10.01.48 AM.png
    And how are people who do not use Centrex supposed to do this when nothing is disclosed on impacted parties?