Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
This statement actually shows how ignorant people are.

In order to be charged with/found guilty of that article (look it up, educate yourself), he would have needed to falsify his business records to hide a crime.

So again, what was the crime he was hiding when he listed a payment to a lawyer at a business expense? Listing a payment to a lawyer who drew up NDA docs to pay someone not to talk about an affair she claimed she had with him is not illegal. And if it's not a "legal expense", then what is it a sheetrock expense?

The prosecution has no evidence of any crime being hidden via the entry of "legal expense". Therefore, this whole case was a sham.
The article ACTUALLY is for offenses involving falsification of written statements; that does not solely include business records.

11 of the charges stem from invoices for legal records.

11 of the charges stem from checks paid for legal services.

12 of the charges stem from ledger entries for legal expenses.

The key decision for the jurors was to determine if Trump falsified records in an attempt to cover up the hush money payment to Stormy Daniels, AND whether that cover-up was in anticipation of committing another crime, which is an election-law violation via federal campaign crimes, tax crimes, and falsification of documents. I think you're missing the point of the trial, and what the jurors were deciding. You are also welcome to disagree with the verdict, but the fact is the burden of proof was on the prosecution, and they provided that proof beyond a reasonable doubt. This also was not a verdict that was reached quickly; the trial took 6 weeks, and the deliberation took another two or three days if I am not mistaken.

Of course, if you think our entire legal system is a sham, you're welcome to make your way to Putin's homeland. I hear they welcome Trump supporters over there with open arms. Can't speak to the validity of THEIR legal system, however.