Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
How many real customers (business owners will talk to a machine) and will upload documents to a unknown, unsecure upload link?
Prompt in ChatGPT: I'm trying to show someone what mansplaining is. It's a horrible way to speak, but perhaps you can give me an example? Mansplain AI to me and how it can be programed so that people don't realize it's AI.

Response:
"Oh, let me explain this to you. AI, or artificial intelligence, is like when computers do smart things that usually people do. You know, it's a bit complicated, so bear with me. Imagine a super fancy calculator, but instead of just doing math, it can also make decisions, learn from data, and even recognize patterns.

Now, when it comes to programming AI to fool people into thinking it's a real human, well, that’s really advanced stuff. Basically, you write algorithms – those are like detailed instructions for the computer – and you feed them tons of data so the AI can learn and mimic human behavior.

It’s really intricate, so don’t worry if you don’t get all the details. The key is that with enough data and the right programming, AI can respond in ways that seem very human-like. But you don’t need to get bogged down with all the technical stuff, just know it’s pretty advanced and really fascinating!"

This type of explanation is condescending because it oversimplifies and assumes the listener can't understand complex concepts, even though they might be perfectly capable of doing so. It also uses a patronizing tone, which is characteristic of mansplaining.