Does denying weak closers their coffee, increase office productivity? - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Reputation points: 56344

Quote Originally Posted by pcfunder View Post
    To answer your original question I think we'd really have to perform a very specific case study that would require a control and variable in order to deduce the correct answer mathematically speaking of course. I would spend some days giving every closer coffee for the whole day maybe around 2,000mg a day while other days I would give decaf, say its regular coffee, and see how productivity for all closers functioned that day. I would compare the productivity of your best closer to your weakest closer and see how far the separation was in performance. Now this is where things would get tricky. I would then give your good closers regular coffee maybe 1,000-15,000mg a day and your bad closers I would continue to give them decaf while telling them they are getting regular coffee. Then I would compare those numbers again to the performance of previous numbers and to compare the good closers to the bad closers. I would lastly give decaf to the good closers and regular to the bad closers and once again see the ratio between closed deals compared to non closed deals in previous case studies while also seeing if the good closers took a dip in closed deals that measured simultaneously with the improvement the bad closers had that day.

I think that would be the only real way to scientifically find out if coffee should be given to bad closers

Pc funder is the guy who brings an analytical grenade launcher to a knife fight, then wonders why NASA keeps robo-calling his phone trying to recruit him, and then hangs up when he answers.

But I like how you used the decaf as a placebo to see if the coffee really makes a difference.

I understand the caffeine as a stimulant and a pick me up, but isn’t closing more of a skill, or following a set of best practices, whereas, while having energy may help, does that really determine anything, if you can already sell pet rocks to a diamond collector?

Senior Member Reputation points: 122873 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

A good alternate stimulant that I use are Zyn's, Rouge's or On's

Nicotine packs. Nice clean jolt that can be of good help.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 56344

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post

BR, you don't think those names are a bit hyper erotic for the workplace....but anyhoo, this is a judgment free bouncy house.

Are those packs for the purpose of getting energy, or for reducing time away from desk due to cigarette breaks? Are they an alternative to coffee, or more of a supplement?

Senior Member Reputation points: 122873 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    Are those packs for the purpose of getting energy, or for reducing time away from desk due to cigarette breaks? Are they an alternative to coffee, or more of a supplement?

I'd say all 3 Don

I use them myself and it gives a bit of a kick, actually keeps me focused, and I use the coffee flavored ones.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 43038 SendDocsPlox's Avatar
    in this thread, vigorously mashing the refresh key

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post

We just hotbox the underwriters office in a 24/7 cig session. All windows closed.
    If you don't have the time for a full ciggy you just step in and breathe some of the second hand smoke for a few minutes before going back out to crank more calls out