Clear Choice Capital FRAUD
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Clear Choice Capital FRAUD

I spoke with a funder who I have known and trusted for quite some time. This is a "good" one.....

It all starts with a fake email address at fundingcircle-usa.com, promising $500,000 over 5 years. Follows up with an MCA. This broker also has a broker email address. In this case he uses david@clearchoice.capital or www.clearchoice.capital for those who are keeping score.

The deal is submitted to a legit funder (or two, both on this board, asked not to be named) by this broker. The email address and phone numbers on the app are fake. The email address was created by the scammer the other day, they're probably the ones who eSigned the app even. The funder funds the deal.

These are clients with previous history with Funding Circle mind you. Somehow, they "only" get $X (far less than $500k). Client calls up the broker and say they only got $X, and he says "That was a mistake, send it back to me, here's my banking information" and he has a small bank in PR to receive the money. The goal was to scam the funder out of the money, not the merchant.

This ISO signs up as an ISO with a fake DL and VC. The DL is "David Rossi", so I was doing research with the funder, turns out that the that is the name of a criminal investigator character played by Joe Montegna on a show called Criminal Minds. The picture is probably an AI-generated version of him, just a bit younger. The DL is for BOA for a Corp that probably doesn't exist. Both were done professionally, they really look legitimate.

One funder is calling the FBI, the other is in touch with Funding Circle. One of them asked me to post this, he's a bit embarrassed that he didn't see the editing on the DL and now that we did research on the name, he's embarrassed that he was trolled by the name on the DL.

Wow....

Senior Member Reputation points: 301165

so the funder did the funding call with the scam iso ?

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    so the funder did the funding call with the scam iso ?
    Yep and they didn't realize it until after it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Yep and they didn't realize it until after it was too late.
    Thats wild.

Quote Originally Posted by diditevenfund View Post
    Thats wild.
    i second this!
    wow!

Senior Member Reputation points: 10109

This guy tried to sign up with us last month and balked when I said we have to screen him before signing him up.

So ISOs that yell at me and say "I'VE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR 2,000 YEARS, FUND MORE THAN THE GDP OF THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES EVERY MONTH, AND AM SIGNED UP WITH EVERY BIG FUNDER EVER" when I decline them for background makes me laugh.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8357

Spoke to multiple people

This scammer has been using the Funding Circle name, and somehow getting their clients information to pull this scheme for many years now. Its obvious that there is some sort of leak/mole and FC simply doesn't care and has no intent to do anything about it.

I would advise anyone who cares about working with honest people to AVOID funding circle.

Simon Wein
    CEO- Radiance Funding
    P:516.509.9788
    W: Radiancefunding.com
    E:Simon@radiancefunding.com

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    I spoke with a funder who I have known and trusted for quite some time. This is a "good" one.....

It all starts with a fake email address at fundingcircle-usa.com, promising $500,000 over 5 years. Follows up with an MCA. This broker also has a broker email address. In this case he uses david@clearchoice.capital or www.clearchoice.capital for those who are keeping score.

The deal is submitted to a legit funder (or two, both on this board, asked not to be named) by this broker. The email address and phone numbers on the app are fake. The email address was created by the scammer the other day, they're probably the ones who eSigned the app even. The funder funds the deal.

These are clients with previous history with Funding Circle mind you. Somehow, they "only" get $X (far less than $500k). Client calls up the broker and say they only got $X, and he says "That was a mistake, send it back to me, here's my banking information" and he has a small bank in PR to receive the money. The goal was to scam the funder out of the money, not the merchant.

This ISO signs up as an ISO with a fake DL and VC. The DL is "David Rossi", so I was doing research with the funder, turns out that the that is the name of a criminal investigator character played by Joe Montegna on a show called Criminal Minds. The picture is probably an AI-generated version of him, just a bit younger. The DL is for BOA for a Corp that probably doesn't exist. Both were done professionally, they really look legitimate.

One funder is calling the FBI, the other is in touch with Funding Circle. One of them asked me to post this, he's a bit embarrassed that he didn't see the editing on the DL and now that we did research on the name, he's embarrassed that he was trolled by the name on the DL.

So in February he sent in a file (David Rossi) and the merchant had gotten funded a few days prior as per bank login the day we went to fund. we declined the file and David was upset... then the merchant calls us and says he never applied and never heard of David Rossi or his company! The merchant thanked us for declining the deal and was investigating him. David all the while maintained his innocence and swore up and down its a massive mistake... Ive never seen a file from him again and in light of this supporting claims, i sent him a termination email
    TMRNOW | A Total Merchant Resources Company
    Ariel Avalos – Iso Relations Manager
    377 Hoes Lane, Suite 240, Piscataway, NJ 08854
    Phone: 347-814-6152 | Email: Ariel@tmrnow.com | Web: www.tmrnow.com

Wow!! Thats crazy. He tried to pull this exact scam on us.

When I got docs signed I happened to call the merchant using the phone number that I pulled on background report NOT the number the broker gave me because i couldnt find the number in the doc request.
    When the merchant answered he had no idea what was going on because he never signed any contracts.
    At the time I couldnt figure out David's angle but now this makes so much sense.

At one point the merchant applied with FC, so the scammer has a fake email domain very similar to FC and email blasts tons of merchants. He's bound to email someone that worked with FC at one point, and now he can just "reopen" their file.
    David Kanner
    MNR Capital Group
    E: david@mnrcapitalgroup.com
    P: 201-212-6447