I noticed the quickbooks thing too, but like the other newer funders, they are tiptoeing in. They collect data, then expand their box, then collect data, then expand their box. 12 months from now, I'm sure they will be funding merchants regardless of quickbooks. Intuit has a relatively cheap API so all of these "we've partnered with quickbooks" announcements are just companies paying Intuit to tap into their live feed of data.

I thought you wrote a good post Finance1 and you bring up some good points.

A few takeaways from another article I just read about Kabbage are:
"In one year, Kabbage's annualized advances have grown from $15 million to $200 million"
- That would make them about the 3rd largest funder behind CAN and On Deck

"We've learned that if someone has added Facebook or Twitter data" to their Kabbage account, says Gorlin, "they are 20 percent less likely to be delinquent."
- Is anyone evaluating social data to any extent or is it all just bank statements, bank statements, bank statements and a little bit of credit sprinkled on top to all you guys?

"Banks "can't deny a loan based on social-media data" where age, race, religion or similar factors may arise, Fridman says. "That's where they get into regulatory constraints."
- I hadn't thought of that. I guess this is a slippery slope.

Source: http://www.americanbanker.com/magazi...75-1.html?pg=1