No Personal Guarantee
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 66673

No Personal Guarantee

Who does not require a personal guarantee or would make an exception on a deal by deal basis.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10476

Quote Originally Posted by freeprocessing View Post
    Who does not require a personal guarantee or would make an exception on a deal by deal basis.
    If a merchant upfront says they do not want a personal guarantee they usually have intent to default. Most funders guarantee's are as long as the business is open and operating they need to pay the money back. Even with out one we can still try to go after the merchant for our money but if the business is shut down and has no money we cannot collect. The best we will be able to do is put a judgement on the merchant and hopefully get paid at one point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by closer129 View Post
    If a merchant upfront says they do not want a personal guarantee they usually have intent to default. Most funders guarantee's are as long as the business is open and operating they need to pay the money back. Even with out one we can still try to go after the merchant for our money but if the business is shut down and has no money we cannot collect. The best we will be able to do is put a judgement on the merchant and hopefully get paid at one point in the future.
    Thank you for your opinion. I agree in some cases and some cases I disagree. Some merchants who have never taken a cash advance before are weary to have a personal guarantee and has nothing to do with planning on defaulting.

With that being said I am still looking for anyone who does not require a PG.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

Thank you for your opinion. I agree in some cases and some cases I disagree. Some merchants who have never taken a cash advance before are weary to have a personal guarantee and has nothing to do with planning on defaulting.
    How would you even know that he's not planning on defaulting? Just because he didn't tell you?

If it's his first time taking out an advance just set him straight right off the bat and tell him "if I tell the underwriter you don't wanna sign a PG, he's gonna think you're not planning on paying back the money and it will kill the deal. You have 550 credit, there's no way around not signing personally for the money" instead of saying "yes, sir, I'll find a lender that doesn't require you to sign a PG".
    Last edited by ridextreme; 03-25-2024 at 03:26 PM.

Ive seen it done before with funders like UFS. But really has to do with the file and the story around it. Its 1 in a million.
    Mark Perlman
    BlackTieFunding.com
    Mark@blacktiefunding.com

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    How would you even know that he's not planning on defaulting? Just because he didn't tell you?

If it's his first time taking out an advance just set him straight right off the bat and tell him "if I tell the underwriter you don't wanna sign a PG, he's gonna think you're not planning on paying back the money and it will kill the deal. You have 550 credit, there's no way around not signing personally for the money" instead of saying "yes, sir, I'll find a lender that doesn't require you to sign a PG".
    Thank you so much for all your help.

Still looking for advice on anyone that does not require a PG or will make a certain exception.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM View Post
    Ive seen it done before with funders like UFS. But really has to do with the file and the story around it. Its 1 in a million.
    Thank you!

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Our funder offers credit card split funding and does not have a PG
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

We can do it for you on PAZ Credit Split program -
    Daniel Gold
    Paz Funding Source LLC
    310-845-6112
    Dan@PazFundingSource.com
    [B]ALL submissions should be sent to Partners@PazFundingSource.com with CC to dan@PazFundingSource.com for quickest response.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
    Our funder offers credit card split funding and does not have a PG
    I would rather throw the deal in the trash (not because of the cc split). I can respect the effort though.

Senior Member Reputation points: 68639 Olderguy's Avatar

my guy Tony can do it...reach out....
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99408 ridextreme's Avatar

Thank you so much for all your help.

Still looking for advice on anyone that does not require a PG or will make a certain exception.
    It's no problem, let me close him on signing a PG and I'll split it with you is that cool? (chances of you getting him through without a PG is almost non existent).

With that being said I am still looking for anyone who does not require a PG.
    If a merchant is "wary" of a funder including a PG as a way to protect themselves, since the funder takes on 100% of the risk, MCA may not be the right product for this merchant. Have you explained to him why PG is the norm on MCA contracts? Does the merchant understand what a PG is and why funders use it?

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Quote Originally Posted by NotALoan View Post
    If a merchant is "wary" of a funder including a PG as a way to protect themselves, since the funder takes on 100% of the risk, MCA may not be the right product for this merchant. Have you explained to him why PG is the norm on MCA contracts? Does the merchant understand what a PG is and why funders use it?
    If MCA isn't the right product for him, what is? There are VERY little no-PG products out there. Factoring in many cases has a validity guarantee (which is basically only a PG in the case of fraud). Because an MCA isn't a loan, the PG on an MCA is structured differently than the standard PG.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    If MCA isn't the right product for him, what is? There are VERY little no-PG products out there. Factoring in many cases has a validity guarantee (which is basically only a PG in the case of fraud). Because an MCA isn't a loan, the PG on an MCA is structured differently than the standard PG.
    A government backed loan, certain factoring, certain credit cards and LOC, etc. It's difficult to find one, but I imagine it's even harder to find an MCA with NO PG whatsoever
    Last edited by NotALoan; 03-26-2024 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotALoan View Post
    MCA is not the right product for them. They have never taken one. We are working on some other stuff but they needed money quick.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Can you elaborate?

Veteran Reputation points: 135660 Chambo's Avatar

any merchant that demands the removal of a performance guarantee is not new to MCA and has ulterior plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    any merchant that demands the removal of a performance guarantee is not new to MCA and has ulterior plans.
    Thanks for your opinion. Was looking for lenders that do no PG but thank you!

FYI merchant has no issue with a performance guarantee as long as the business is open just does not want to be personally liable if its not.

Senior Member Reputation points: 19288

Thanks for your opinion. Was looking for lenders that do no PG but thank you!

FYI merchant has no issue with a performance guarantee as long as the business is open just does not want to be personally liable if its not.
    The contract should cover that under their reconciliation clause.

Quote Originally Posted by FCG View Post
    The contract should cover that under their reconciliation clause.
    Right I didn't realize that until Micah mentioned something so I started asking around. Probably going to do that.